Pages

Sunday, November 2, 2008

6 Random Things About Me...

Jessica Tagged me a while ago so here I go...

Random thing #1 ~ I have never had a broken bone, or major surgery. I have however broken 3 other people's bones (on accident) I broke my mom's tailbone when I was born, and I have broken 2 friend's noses. One during a game of tether ball and the other with a recycling bin.

Random thing #2 ~ I used to eat Styrofoam and foam rubber mattresses when I was little. I acquired a taste for it and once in a while I will still get a random craving for a good foam pad. :-) I have also acquired a taste and every once in a while crave the taste of a water, cocoa, and salt mixture my older brother and sister would make me drink in my "bottle" when we would play house as little kids, but I am still not brave enough to have ever tried things such as an avocado, a kiwi, steak, prunes, plums, any seafood, and many other "common" foods that most normal people eat all the time and love.

Random thing #3 ~ I LOVE LOVE LOVE music. All kinds. I will admit that country is my least favorite, but I do like SOME country songs. I love everything from Classical and Opera to Rap and Hard Hard Rock. My play lists are always funny because I have them organized by different genres as well as play lists that have a variety; so many times Marylin Manson ends up on a play list with Sarah Brightman.

Random thing #4 ~ I HATE bees and spiders but especially bees!!! If I see a spider it's OK as long as it's not coming after me, but if I see a bee, it doesn't matter how far away it is from me or what it is doing, they will scare me just the same as if it were crawling up my arm ready to sting me. I honestly am not sure what it is, I have only been stung once and it didn't really hurt that bad at all. I think it might just be that a spider can only move so fast and has to have a way to get to you from the wall or whatever it is crawling on, and I am faster than a spider so I have plenty of time to move. But a bee is so unpredictable to me and one second it can be in the kitchen and then before I know it, it can fly over to me in a different room and decide to sting me! But if a bee scares me, you will know it. I usually scream and freak out and then eventually start crying. It's not a pretty sight... :-)

Random thing #5 ~ My first vehicle was a black Jeep named Phil. One week I told my dad that I really wanted a black Jeep. And my dad is so sweet the only thing he could do was to surprise me with a black RC Jeep the next day. Well the weekend came and when I woke up I decided that I was going to go shopping for a Jeep (not really thinking I would actually get one) But I got to the car lot and I found my black Jeep. I was able to drive home with it that night with no co-signer, no down payment and very little credit. But I had a good enough job that it all worked out.

Random thing #6 ~ I was working full time since I was 16 years old and still managed to graduate from high school without counting my work as credits toward my graduation. My first job was at Hogi Yogi in Pleasant Grove. I worked there for 1 month when I was offered a job at Sento doing technical support for TurboTax. I was the youngest employee in history at the time (this was before they went downhill). I then went to work at a construction company called Miller Construction Services as their office assistant just making sure that the subcontractors got paid and all the invoices were taken care of. Of these first 3 jobs I ever had I did not have to apply for a single one of them. They were all offered to me without having to go through the application process. Sometimes my work schedule interfered with school, so I would have to go to ALLC and do packets full time after I got off work, but it all worked out and I had quite a bit of play money so it was nice.

I tag Megan, Amanda, and Katie

3 comments:

brylie.muhlestein said...

Oh geez.

Sento.

haha they're awful.


I started working there when I was fifteen. And quit before they really got too terrible.

Beat that!
And I was moved to McAfee for Tech Support a few weeks after I started.. I was the youngest person on McAfee and hated it. Everyone was so old:(

Price Family said...

Why do we name our cars? Is this a total girls thing? Me and all my friends did this in high shcool...it was funny! I need to name my (still broken) trooper....

The Mowers said...

haha Jess. Yes you totally have to name the trooper. I named the car we have now "Lucky" just because it looks (and sounds) like it is about to die any second. The driver behind the wheel probably doesn't help though right?