First of all, I apologize for the lack of pictures.. for now. I can’t find my camera cord to upload them. I don’t want to skip this post until I find it because I worry I will forget all together with all the amazing things that are happening this month.
So, yesterday Makayla was given her name and a blessing. She is officially
Makayla Rae Mower
She looked so beautiful in her long flowing blessing dress! We were fortunate enough to have most everyone in our family there. The men who stood in the circle were, Matt, Bishop Whitehead (who is pretty much family. we love that man!!), Tracy Beard, Jerry Mower, Chris Mower, Glen Nilson, Jon Nilson, Alex Nilson and Doug Schroeppel. Matt started crying a little bit in the blessing. It was so beautiful. Among other things, she was blessed with being able to feel God’s love, a lifetime of great friendships, and good physical and spiritual health. Matt held her up for everyone to see her, and then they sat back down.
When Matt came back and sat down he said that the whole time, she had the biggest grin on her face! I like to think that she knew how special what was happening really was.
Afterward we had multiple people complement us on what a beautiful girl she is. The ward clerk said his wife actually gasped when Matt held her up. Makayla is so tiny. For saying she was born HUGE! It’s pretty amazing how petite she is now. She has great big blue eyes and long dark curved eyelashes with lots of blonde curly hair long enough we could probably put it in little pigtails now in the top of her head, the cutest little button nose and to finish off the package, adorable chubby little cheeks. She is such a beautiful girl all together, but mine and Matt’s favorite feature are her tiny little feet. Even newborn shoes are too big for her still. LOL I have a feeling we’re going to have a super tiny little girl on our hands.
We didn’t really have a joined family party afterwards, however we did go to lunch with the Beard’s (DELISH!) and then home for a nap, then we went to the Nilson’s for a dinner of fajitas and strawberry shortcake. We wanted to do something with the Mowers, but they were needing to get their horses back to Wyoming, so they had to jet.
The family members who were able to make it to the blessing were:
Debbie Beard, Tracy Beard, Jen Beard, Akasha Petrossi, and Unborn Baby Petrossi. Myrna Muhlestein, Tedi Jeen Mower, Jerry Mower, Chris Mower, Afton Mower, Maggie Mower, Robyn Mower, Holly Bunata, Mike Bunata, Kya Chapel, Aislyn Chapel, Addy Chapel, Rae Ann Nilson, Glen Nilson, Jon Nilson, Alex Nilson, James Nilson, Kimberly Schroeppel (Sorry if I am spelling your last name wrong), Doug Schroeppel, Kelsea Schroeppel, and I think Jacob Schroeppel (I was kind of bombarded afterwards.)
(If I forgot anyone, please forgive me. LOL)
Pictures Coming Soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment