Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Before I forget...

Matt and I really do love this blog for the sole purpose of journaling.  We like to go back and read the posts and it brings back memories of things we would have probably forgotten otherwise.  Our favorite stories aren't the ones about the big vacations or even Holidays, it's the small silly stories that may seem uninteresting to most people that make us smile.

Last Wednesday, Matt and I woke up in a really good mood.  I could just tell it was going to be an awesome day!!  Matt went to work and I walked Thomas to school.  Soon after I came home, the internet at Matt's work went out.  Matt was unable to do anything from the office, so he came home where the internet was fine and worked from home.

I remembered after I had walked Thomas to school that he needed lunch money and I had forgotten to give him any.  So as soon as Matt got here, I loaded up the kids in the car and went and got McDonalds for our family.  Including a Happy Meal for Thomas.  I found out when his class went to lunch and I stood next to the lunch room doors watching for him.  Soon he came by.  He was kind of off in his own little world in the line.  Riley spotted him and immediately ran to him and hugged him.  You should have seen his face!! He looked at Riley like he was some sort of martian.  He had no idea where the heck Riley had come from.

I handed him the happy meal complete with Chocolate Milk and Apple Pie and told him to have a good day, then we left.  I will never forget the look on his face.

After I picked up the kids from school, we came home and played.  I was kind of distracted by Matt.  We would talk between tickets and any calls he had to make and soon I realized that I hadn't done anything for dinner!  We did have cake though, so to hold the kids over until dinner was made, I gave the a small piece of cake and told them it was dinner, but that they needed to save room for dessert... Macaroni and Cheese.

I know.. I know.. Not a very satisfying meal for dinner, but hey! It was quick!  And that is the reason I had the munchies later on which sparked THIS story.

It was a really great day, and it was extremely memorable.  Everything was just kind of Topsy Turvy!  Matt working at home, Happy Meal for school lunch, Cake for dinner and Macaroni and Cheese for dessert!

No comments: