Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

So.. What's New?

A lot actually... :)

Thomas: First want to say, that I have NOT forgotten about Thomas' baptism, I'm just waiting for the rest of the pictures before I blog about it, but I can honestly say it has been one of the best days of my life! I'm sure he would share in the sentiment.  We rented out a large room at Noah's and had a little luncheon with green decorations just for him! :)  It was a surprise though, so he had no idea what we were doing until we walked in after the baptism and his name was up on the sign. 
Thomas also received his Bobcat Cub Scout award.  It was the cutest thing!  We had the blue and gold banquet a few weeks ago, and not only do they give him his patch, but they paint their faces and Thomas was able to pin a little Bobcat pin onto my shirt as well (I guess mom's get pins when their kids get awards?) He also got his manners belt loop!  So pretty good for only being in for 1 month.  Next award night thing, he should be getting an few arrow points. I'm pretty proud of the kid! More to come on that little dude in a day or two.

 
 

Connor:  This kid cracks me up!  I thought he would grow out of the stage where he says the cutest dang things, but he hasn't yet, which I'm grateful for!!  We have a game at our house that we're all pretty much obsessed with.  It's called Minecraft.  The reason Minecraft is so great is because it's appropriate for all ages.  I have even heard that a lot of schools are starting to have the kids play it to help them learn about building and things.  Well, one day after school, I allowed the kids to play it.  Thomas was on the laptop playing it, Connor was on the iPad and Riley was on the Nexus.  I let them play video games for 30 mins - 1 hour each day so they were pretty much zombies and I was cleaning up the house.  All of this sudden, Connor stops, looks up and says "Mom? Do you know that I love you more than I even love video games?"  Awwww!! He melts me!

We also have this thing where he likes to pretend that I'm playing iron chef.  Most of the time, he declares me the "winner" because he has low standards of what is considered an acceptable meal, but the other day I made chicken and it was lemon herb.  It has a bit of a kick to it! All of this sudden he looks up and says, "Mom, this chicken is kind of hot.  I don't like hot food.  You lose." LOL!! I took his plate and gave him some cold cereal so I think that made up for it.

Connor and Riley like to go outside and do tricks on our playground out back.  They like to walk up the slide, and yesterday Matt and I were out watching them play and enjoying the sunshine.  Riley had his shoes on and he went to walk up the slide, but Connor shouted "Riley! You can't do that trick with shoes! You have to have BEAR feet!"  Now, I realize that it sounds exactly the same as "bare" feet, but the reason I knew he meant "bear" is because he started stomping around and growling a little bit. LOL

Connor's kindergarten teacher calls shoes "sneakers".  Connor now thinks that his shoes give him super powers and he puts them on (I have to tell him to take them off since this by the way) and he sneaks around the house really quietly.  I ask him what he's doing and he says "I have my sneakers on, so I'm sneaking." haha! That child...

Riley:  Riley is getting huge I swear.  He is a pretty dang smart kid too!  He calls the iPad the "beard" (I have no clue why!), he loves Minecraft as well and he always makes his houses out of the bright purple blocks.  Riley is my little sweetheart.  Anything that kid could possibly help with, he's RIGHT THERE! haha!  He is also very self sufficient.  He's one of those kids who will probably doing his own laundry and cooking Mac and Cheese at the tender age of 5.  He is turning 4 next month, and we're pretty psyched and we are (hopefully) enrolling in a preschool curriculum that I can teach him at home for next year, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him reading by the end of this year. 

Riley loves music.  But even more than he loves listening to music, he loves singing!!! It's hilarious because the kid is a mediocre singer at best, but he gets so involved! It's adorable to watch and the joy he gets from singing is contagious! So, I say, the kid's only 3 years old, there's plenty of time to help develop a talent right? :)

Makayla:  Makayla learned a new trick today!!! Remember when I said she's just slow and does things at her own pace?  Remember also when I said that when we try to stand her up she just crumbles and wants nothing to do with it?  Well guess what I caught her doing today?
Her legs were strong enough the whole darn time.. She just never "felt" like standing.. Ugh!
Also, we are trying to tame that mop of hair on the top of her head and this is one of my favorite styles on this little one:

I've started curling it out on the ends so that it won't get stuck under and lost in her neck rolls. :)
She is also cutting some more molars.  She's kind of a butt when she's teething, but seriously, this girl is amazing. When she's a butt, all that means is that she wakes up once during the night, it takes her a little longer to fall asleep for naps and after her daddy has been taking care of *AHEM ((spoiling)) her during the day sometimes if I'm gone, it takes her an hour or two to get readjusted to her mommy who most of the time, doesn't fall for her shenanigans.

Here's an updated list of phrases she says now:
"Uh Oh"
"Mom"
"Dada"
"Makayla"
"Meow"
"What's that?"
"Shhhh"
"Hello"
"Hi"
"I love you"
"What you doin?"
"What?"
"Ouch"
"Woof Woof"


Matthew:  Matthew is doing great.  He is LOVING his work, and has been hanging out with a new friend of his from work, Scott Orgil and a group of their friends.  They have TONS of fun and we also play Minecraft on Scott's server.  Matt baptized and confirmed Thomas on the 2nd and loved it! Other than that, there's not much new with him.. He's just as adorable as ever!  He could use some improvement in the three legged race department though.. Or maybe just a new partner. :)

Me:  I have this new love for shotgun sports.  I know right? Weird.. I'm in love with the Provo Gun Club. I went once, met one of the directors (who is this tiny, adorable girl, and she shoots in competitions) she got me all psyched and now I'm hooked! Mattie promised me my very own 20 gauge so that I can shoot as much clay as I want teehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe.  I want one in pink though.. Just because there's not a lot of girls into that sport.. I got stopped once by this guy and he said: "You know, I just don't understand why some girls go for this sport." So I was like "Well, I love it. Is there really a better feeling than watching your bird shatter into a billion pieces with one pull of the trigger?" I think I may have scared him because he giggled nervously and told me he didn't want to meet me in a dark alley..

And I've been doing zumba a lot... I'm up to 13 lbs of weight loss, so I'm pretty excited.. And I've been hanging out with Kimmie (Matt's sister).  She's like my BFF.. It's funny though because when we're hanging out, it doesn't seem like I'm hanging out with my sister in law, It's just like hanging out with any other friend, so it's funny when she'll say something about Matt from when he was little. Sometimes she'll tell me his embarrassing stories and it will remind me that she grew up with him and changed his little diapers, and she loves him and knows him as well as I do! It's also really funny because she will tell Matt that he has to let me hang out or else she'll burn his army men over the toilet again... :)

So, that's our family in a nutshell.. We're just loving life!  It's amazing to me how you can't imagine life getting any better, and then it does!! LOL

No comments: