Pages

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Our Little Grad!

Our little Connor has graduated from Kindergarten!!
He passed with flying colors, and we're so proud of him!
I was really worried about sending Connor to Kindergarten when I did.  Connor turns 6 in July, so when he entered Kindergarten, some of the kids were almost a whole year older than he was!
Something just told me to go for it though, and I'm SO glad I did!

My biggest worry was that year between high school and mission (if he chooses to go on one).
It's a hard year where you don't want to start school yet, and if you get a job it will only be for a year, so it's just kind of this weird limbo.  You can imagine how excited I was when they announced that the mission ages had changed! Problem solved! In fact, it's perfect!! Because Connor will be able to graduate at 17, have a few months to prepare before he turns 18, and then go from there!
Then there was the fact that Connor hadn't gone to preschool.
I kind of kept him home and taught him as much as I could (What I've decided to do with Riley as well) and he actually was more prepared for Kindergarten than our kid that DID go to preschool!
Connor has graduated Kindergarten well above his grade level for reading. 
His penmanship is better than even his daddy's (No offense Mattie), and some other adults I know.  He can do everything the other children can do!

Connor's best friend in Kindergarten is a cute little girl named Amelia. (Mia)
Mia lives in our ward, and we walk home from school sometimes with her and her family.
Connor and Mia are pretty much joined at the hip, although no worries people, there is no funny business between them! LOL
She has tried to kiss him but he tells the teacher. :)
He is also friends with some boys around the neighborhood too and we have a playgroup where each of us moms take turns hosting and have all the kids and moms over to our homes and we talk while our kids run, so he gets plenty of rough and tough boy time as well.

I am extremely proud of our little Connor.
He is just so grown up and sweet and he's psyched for 1st grade! 

So, now for the celebration!

Matt was able to take the whole day off for this.
(Have I mentioned that I love everything about Matt's job?)

First we went to Connor's graduation:
(We surprised Thomas and checked him out of school for the festivities)






Then,

We went to In-N-Out Burger with Grammy and Papa Nilson,
Where we got a little present...

(Do you like his smile?  He told me that morning that he had practiced that smile for a long time and it is his special "Graduation Face" smile. LOL!)

Then we went with Grammy Nilson to

THE DINOSAUR MUSEUM!!!
(Pictures of this to come in December *wink)

Just in case anyone is wondering, going on a Friday afternoon when school is still in session is a very nice thing.  Turns out you pretty much get the whole place to yourself!!
We were the only ones at the erosion tables, there was just 2 other kids in the dig site, it was just super relaxed and we could put Makayla down and let her run!!

After the dinosaur museum, we hit the gift shop for toys, and then the little snack bar for some snacks!

We had such a big day and the kids were so tuckered out that by the time we got home only 2 of 4 were conscious. 

Congrats again little dude!! You did an amazing job in Kindergarten!!!


No comments: