Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

Rigos

Riley has a strange method of persuasion.  It's not pathos, or ethos or logos... it's his own special "Rigos" or something and it is proving super effective.  He has this way of getting what he wants and leaving Matt and I completely bewildered.  It's not so much a method of engaging in an argument, it's a method to end it before it even starts... He's getting better and better at it, and it worries me! 

I was leaving to the grocery store a little while ago, and he shouted after me at the very last second before I closed the door "Pick me up a watermelon!" - DANGIT! I didn't get the chance to tell him "no", so now he's going to be expecting a watermelon and his little preschooler heart is going to break right in half if I don't bring him one! Do you know when watermelons are in season?  I'll give you a hint: NOT IN FEBRUARY!!!  But I felt morally obligated to get the poor kid a watermelon! I mean it's just an imported watermelon.... er... right?

He came up to me proudly the other day and told me that he has a BUNCH of money saved!!  I was so proud of him!  I asked him if he's keeping it in a safe place, and he pointed to MY change jar! (it has been filling up quicker than usual) He grinned excitedly and declared himself the wealthiest 5 year old EVER...   How do you even handle this situation?? He's been working so hard!  Ugh...

But just barely he brought me a cookie cutter in the shape of a 5.  He was holding it upside down and backwards and announced he had found a "2" shaped cookie cutter.  I informed him that it was really a "5" not a "2"... his response: "Yes it is because it is."  

Well OK then...

He just declares something, and then believes it with all of his heart until it comes true.
I can't help but believe this kid has a bright future ahead of him...

No comments: