First of all, I would like to tell you all that my turkey turned out SO GREAT! It looked like it came right off a movie. It was perfectly golden brown and had an Amazing flavor and was very juicy. Matt LOVED LOVED LOVED IT! And guess what! He wasn't just trying to be nice! hehe! It was so funny, eating next to him was like that part on "What About Bob" when he's like moaning and grunting while he's eating.. Only Matt wasn't kidding at all. haha! It made me feel rather good. :-) It was awesome! Because EVERYTHING turned out perfect not just the turkey! We ended up with sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, rolls, stuffing, cranberry sauce, a vegetable tray, pumpkin pie, jello salad, gravy, my family's traditional holiday punch and the turkey of course. Everything was made completely from scratch but the stuffing and the cranberry sauce and not only did it all turn out, but it was all timed perfectly too! Not too bad I'd say for my first time! It's now going to be a tradition in our family to do our own Christmas Eve dinner. Just the 5 of us.
We got SO SPOILED this year. Not only for Christmas, but the whole year! In the last like month alone we've gotten a new computer desk, 2 new bookshelves, and a new way nice aquarium for the turtle. And the boys got a new bunk bed for Christmas. So we gave Riley Tommy's old bed so now we are all in beds that we can stay in for a while. Although I must say that I'm rather jealous of Connor. He is a little 3 year old in a full sized bed with 2 pillows and he can sleep sideways just fine if he wants to. The bottom is a futon with a nice thick mattress but it converts into the couch, so It's officially a Transformer bunk bed named Megatron. It's so fun to tuck everyone in at night now because they all look so comfy! And Riley needed a bigger bed more than we knew. He is now back to 2 naps a day whereas in his toddler bed, we'd be lucky to get 1 good one.
Here's a list of presents from each other:
Matt got me a statue of Jesus. It is gorgeous!! Love it!!! Some pajamas, a nice Blackberry and Vanilla bath set, a jewelry box, a computer game (that I'm now addicted to) haha! And all my boys got me a necklace with a heart that says "mom" in it. My mom gave me canning supplies. bottles, pot and all! A pig ornament (They give me something random having to do with a pig every year. It started with the flying pig picture that is above my table even as we speak and then the next year it was "the Christmas ham" which is the pig on our front porch with lights on it) They also took the boys to Color Me Mine and made a plate for Matt and I with all their little hand prints on it. SO precious! Brian got me 2 new sets of dishes which are so nice and they go perfectly with my kitchen! Uno flash, and Apples to Apples. And Matt's mom gave me a way cute scarf, and a cute warm vest.
Matt got a remote control helicopter that has a camera in it so it takes video and still pictures. It is soooooo cool! And by far his favorite gift! He likes it because you can fly it indoors. (from santa) I got him Trivial Pursuit that he kicks my butt in. Seriously he has to cheat to even give me a chance. It's pathetic. A Nerf Mace that he can now battle the boys when they pull out their swords with, a new electric razor, a cool electric screw driver that bends into a drill kind of style one but can go straight again, haha I don't know how to describe it. A Darth Vader M&M Dispenser and a BIIIG bag of M&M's and Pajamas. My mom got him (The canning stuff to share) And a leather bound copy of the works of Edger Allan Poe. Sorry but it is the coolest looking book ever! He also gets to share the games and dishes from Brian. And his mom gave him a pea coat that I must say he looks GOOD in!!!!!! And I think she gave him something else too, but it was late and I was trying to calm a crying Riley. :-)
Tommy got pajamas and a robe from Matt and I. A big truck puzzle from Connor and a Paper Plane making kit from Riley. And Santa got him a remote control car, some Imaginext alien toys and a moon dune buggy thing. LOL Scooby Doo Camp Scare, a Ben 10 action figure, a Transformers comforter for his bed, and a matching sheet set, a wooden whistle, a Brown Bear Brown Bear Puzzle. My mom got him the Imaginext Space Station, A ZOMBIE CALENDAR (that we have to take down at night or he gets scared... haha! thank you mother! He does love that stupid thing though.) Gator Golf, Hungry Hungry Hippos and Chutes and Ladders to share with Connor. Matt's mom gave him an outfit and Ben 10 action figures!
Connor, before I say anything, let me explain... He's obsessed with Garbage trucks, the dump, and anything that has to do with it since Toy Story 3 LOL. So from Santa, he got a HUGE 2' Garbage truck that comes with dumpsters that the truck picks up, dumps the trash that came with it into the back and they you can "drive it to the dump" and dump it all out. LOL He also got a Toy Story 3 comforter and sheet set, A Play Doh toy factory, A Buzz doll, a Woody doll, a wooden whistle, a thing of construction paper and safety scissors. Matt and I gave him Pajamas, Tommy gave him bath toys and Riley gave him a paint set. My mom gave him the Toy Story 3 Imaginext TriCounty Landfill HAHAHAHA!!! SO PERFECT! And he shares the games with Tommy (Gator Golf, Hungry Hungry Hippos, and Chutes and Ladders) And Matt's mom gave him an outfit and Cars dominoes, a Spongebob bowling set, and Toy Story 3 toys.
Riley got pajamas from Matt and I, Tommy gave him bath toys and Connor gave him a set of animal cars. Santa gave him a shapes knob puzzle, a baby version of a remote control car, a Weebles marry go round, A cool light wand thing, and a toy tape measure thing that is super cute and sings and counts and stuff. My parents got him the Weebles Tree house, A cement truck that has the balls you put into the back. And Matt's mom got him a Mega Blocks farm set and a Mega Blocks truck and car set.
So there you have it. We opened up Santa in the morning, obviously, haha. Then we went to my (Alicia's) parents in the afternoon and had a nice Christmas dinner/lunch and opened presents and celebrated Kate's Birthday, then we went to Matt's mom's house, Matt and I got to talk to Jon who's on his mission, and had Christmas dinner and THE MOST AMAZING CHOCOLATE CAKE EVER!!!! I'm positive I've forgotten some things, but at least that's most of it. It was an amazing Christmas, Matt said it was his favorite so far and I agree. I would also like to point out that it was our 7th Christmas together and if everything goes as planned, we will be sealed as an eternal family by Christmas number 8 so they are just going to get better!! :-)
Hope you all had a Merry Christmas as well! Now let's all have a Happy New Year!!! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment