Life really couldn’t be better for me right now. We could always have more money, less time working, my house could always be cleaner, I could always be thinner, but I honestly couldn’t be more happy.
Matt and I are on track (ahead of schedule actually) for the temple where we can take our 3 boys and make our family eternal by the end of the year. I am going to start temple prep classes in a few weeks. We are going to have a nice family party that I’m kind of planning right now. I already have my dress picked out and a husband who can’t wait to buy it for me. ;) We will be going on a family “honeymoon”. Then after that, if things go as planned, there may be another big announcement. (No, we are not planning on having any more children LOL).
There is so much that I am enjoying right now. I love my kids more than anything. I love seeing Riley walk around wearing my shoes and holding my purse on his shoulder, I love hearing Tommy and Connor’s prayers. I love listening to Connor reason things out and try to make sense of the world, I am so proud of Tommy for being the best big brother in the whole wide world to those 2 little ones.
Matt and I will be married for 7 years this year. And by far, the last 5 months have been the best. We have ups and downs, and we have faced so much! But we are continuing to get stronger. Matt and I actually look foreword to hanging out with each other playing board games, watching movies and yes, this is EXTREMELY cheesy, but we have also taken up singing love song duets together. It’s so much fun and I’m sure we sound nothing even close to good, but it’s something we both can giggle at and we enjoy it. Which brings me to the reasons I am so happy.
I have my perfect man. No, he’s not perfect actually LOL, but he is perfect for ME! He laughs at all my dumb jokes, we can act like idiots in front of each other, we can sing cheesy love song duets until 2:00 in the morning and still not want to go to bed. He is extremely clumsy sometimes and it makes me laugh. He can tickle me without even touching me! When I lie in bed next to him, I can’t even describe the feeling. It is a mixture of love, and being blessed, and disbelief that life can actually be so good even after so many trials, then I fall asleep, and the next day just gets better.
Sometimes we’re late on our bills. Sometimes I eat too much and don’t like my body. Sometimes the kids drive me crazy and I daydream about what it was like to be able to go to movies just Matt and I without having to find a babysitter. Sometimes Matt and I have disagreements. Sometimes the dishes and laundry get backed up so badly I don’t think I’ll ever be able to get caught up again. Sometimes I feed my family cold cereal for dinner because I’m so tired at the end of a day of giving everything I have to my kids, I would probably cry at the thought preparing a decent meal.
But my husband loves me. And he loves our children. And our kids love me, and Matt and each other. I love them. And they are always constant reminders of what is important, and it keeps me from taking unimportant things in this life too seriously. And in the end, that is what is going to keep us together no matter what life throws at us.
That’s pretty much what is going on with us right now besides Matt working, Tommy’s school, playing with kids and planning parties!
Hope all is well with all of you!
1 comment:
Way to keep things in perspective. I need to get better at that. Oh and I totally want to see this non touching tickiling technique.
Post a Comment