Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Lava Hot Springs!!

We really have had such a great summer!! The best one we’ve had in years actually (Probably since Disneyland).  On Sat. Aug. 13th, we woke up, packed lunches, got ready and climbed into the car for a looong drive to Idaho!  I always thought that in movies they exaggerated the “Are we there yet??” from the kids.. Nope! LOL But we had a blast. Matt was in a goofy mood so he was making everyone laugh pretty hard.  What makes us want to drive all the way up to Idaho to go swimming you ask??

(I borrowed the following pictures from the website since I was too busy swimming to take pictures)

new_lava_swimming _complex500

See that?? Yep! The water slides go OVER THE HIGHWAY!!!!  It gets better…

slide_lens_sm

                      screaming_sliderrock_climbing_wall250                      

indoor_swimming_pool300

But what made that long trip worth it most of all:

287949_1893639669630_1500692052_31625425_725605_o

It was such a blast to get all those kids together.  (Kids Not Pictured: Lindy, Charlie, Kya, Aislin, Addy Adults Not Pictured: Tedi Jeen, Matt, Me, Holly, Daniel, Alina, Chris and Afton.)

We were able to get everyone together! And while we did get a big group shot, I’d rather not post it. haha I’m a little self conscious and pregnant right now…

It’s amazing how all of my kids have turned into little water bugs!! We’re going to get a pass to Seven Peaks next year probably and take them swimming all the time. This Summer really has been amazing considering I’ve been sick a lot.  (The drive up to Lava got pretty intense a couple of times but I made it!!)

Today we were able to get together with our friends the Lloyds.  (Hannah, Mikey, Gabe and Mary) It was fun too! We took our swimsuits and played in the water in their backyard and I got to hold and play with their little baby girl. Smile  They are awesome people. 

It was so funny because my boys aren’t used to a whole lot of girls even though they have a lot of girl cousins.  Getting into the car to go home today Connor says:

“What’s that smell?? … It must be GIRL!”

That boy makes me laugh so hard!!!

No comments: