Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Matt’s Birthday!!!

Yesterday was Matt’s 30th Birthday!! (Shhh! Don’t tell him I told you how old he is)  He decided a while ago that for this weekend he was going to take 3 days off work so he didn’t have to work yesterday, today, tomorrow, the next day  or the next! :)  It’s been so nice having him home!! He said that when he woke up today he almost went and got ready for church since yesterday felt like Saturday!

Matt had a great Birthday.  I got up and went and got donuts for breakfast.  He got to sleep in.  We decorated a bit and had some friends over.  And I made my first ever German Chocolate Cake from scratch!! It was soo good.  Since we didn’t take pictures of the cake, I’ll describe it.  It was a 2 layer round cake with the home made sauce with coconut and pecans.  It had a fudge glaze on the top that drizzled down the sides and I used chocolate to make the number 30 that then stood upright on the top of the cake.  It was delish! :)

Each of the kids colored him a picture, crafted him a gift or made him a card and he got 2 new Playstation games.

It was kind of sad because Matt was really depressed about his birthday this year.  He doesn’t like the  (idea of being 30.  I almost made a sign to hang on the front door that said:

Visitors, The following words are not allowed to be used in this house today:

aged, along in years, ancient, broken down, debilitated, decrepit, elderly, enfeebled, exhausted, experienced, fossil, geriatric, getting on, gray, gray-haired, grizzled, impaired, inactive, infirm, mature, matured, not young, olden, oldish, over the hill, past one's prime, seasoned, senile, senior, skilled, superannuated, tired, venerable, versed…

Thank you for your love and support through this challenging time.

But I didn’t have time with everything else I had to do. :)

It was very nice for all of his friends and family to wish him a Happy Birthday.  It really did make him feel loved.  So thank you all!!!

Now off to enjoy the rest of the week with him! (I’ll post pictures later)

No comments: