Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Busy Busy Busy!

Wow, it’s seriously been a month since I’ve updated here.  It seems like tons has happened! 

In March I had the opportunity to do a wedding!  It was a blast.  Matt’s sister Holly just got married at the end of March.  It was a little bit short notice.  She was having some trying times that month and needed to get married to solve some issues (no, she isn’t pregnant) LOL, so we had 2 weeks to plan it and get everything together. Her new husband is awesome.  He’s hilarious and we’ve been able to get together with them and get to know him better.  He was actually the original red Power Ranger in the old TV shows!  How cool is that!!  I told Holly I think she should have walked down the aisle to the Power Rangers theme song. :)

We made it with all of the decorations and it turned out better than I had ever dreamed it would!!

It was just a luncheon (But there ended up being 80+ people there).  The theme was “Enjoying Spring” and Holly is such a fun loving cute person, that I thought it would be nice to do it more fun and cute than elegant. She also has 3 little girls, and he has daughters as well, so I wanted to do something that they would enjoy too!  The solution:

image

A bunch of GIANT flowers.  The flower shown above was the smallest one I made. The biggest being about 8 feet tall.  They stood on their own and made the whole thing look amazing.  They were so much fun and a HUGE hit!

I wanted to get pictures of it finished, and I took my camera, but when I had all the finishing touches in place, I took the camera out to take pictures and of course the battery was completely dead.  LOL I’ll have to get pictures from someone else…

The following week, Riley turned 3 years old!!   We had a fun little family birthday party for him just us, and we were planning on doing one on the following Saturday but it didn’t pan out because Kaylee and I got pretty sick and there was no way I could do it, especially after the wedding.  We are still planning on doing a fun little party for him, but when that will happen has yet to be determined.

(Also, sorry for the lack of pictures.  I’m using the laptop today)

On the 4th, Matt’s little brother Alex received his mission call.  We all got together for a huge party to watch him open it.

He was called to the Spain, Madrid mission!! We’re going to miss his guts.

image

He’s going to make an awesome missionary, and I do believe that Alex is the only person on Earth that can make dorky looking one piece pajamas look so fabulous! (Picture courtesy of his ADORABLE girlfriend, Chantel.)

image

image

All the Grandkids!

The next week was Easter!  And, again, we missed pretty much everything.  Matt started not feeling well.  The Easter Bunny did come to our house though and brought TONS of candy!  The boys each got some bubbles and some toys as well.  Kaylee didn’t get any candy, but she did get some adorable new binkies as well as some bubbles and some new bottles. They had their Easter outfits and looked adorable.  Unfortunately, the only picture I have right now of their Easter outfits was taken at Holly’s wedding.

image

Look reeeeeeeeeeally closely. See those good looking boys and the adorable little baby girl in the green dress? Yep! That’s them!

OK, so we figured out what was wrong with Matt the following Tuesday.  He has 2 hernias.  He’s in some pretty bad pain.  He’s actually meeting with the surgeon today to schedule the surgery to get them all fixed up.  Until then though, he’s been living off of pain meds. Poor guy. So he comes home from work and I pretty much ground him to the couch or the bedroom so he can just relax.  So I’m taking care of 4 little ones and 1 big one.  I love it.  It gives me a chance to boss him around and I love babying him. :)  But it does mean that I have very little free time.

As for everything else.. We’re settling in to the new routine of having 4 little ones quite nicely.  Riley does compete for attention.. BIG TIME.  But with help from past church talks on discipline that you can read on the church website, we’re getting it all under control and he’s doing much better.  I have my strength back completely so I have him help me with pretty much everything again.  Kaylee is kind of putting herself on her own little schedule and that makes it nice. She sleeps quite a bit during the mornings still and then is awake most of the evening while Matt is home with me so that makes it nice.  Even though he can’t really do much right now and he’s in constant pain, I can still have him or Thomas feed Kaylee while I get things around the house done. (I’m very much against propping bottles unless you absolutely have to. Moms of twins: You have a really good excuse, no worries. I can’t even imagine what you go through!! LOL)

Life is good despite our current struggles.  Matt and I have almost been married for 8 years! Time sure flies! I look back and see how much we’ve grown.  Especially in the last 2 years alone!  But I will blog more about that when the time comes. :)  Until then, I hope all of you are doing well, and thanks for reading!

image

image

No comments: