Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Camping

... Well sorta ...

I'm just going to start at the beginning of the 3 day weekend Matt had this week.

On Friday afternoon, we dropped the kids off at the Nilson's and Matt and I went to lunch and then the Provo Temple.  It was a lot of fun!  It was so sweet.  When Riley asked where we were going as we were getting ready, I told him I was going to the temple and he took my face in my hands and started stroking my cheeks lightly whispering with the biggest grin on his face "You're going to the temple.  You're going to the temple." And since that moment, he was very calm and almost reverent.  I love how they remember what it was like.  While it would have been nice to get married in the temple in the first place, however I count it as a HUGE blessing to be able to have taken my kids and a huge blessing for them to be able to remember what it was like and to know what to strive for.

After the temple we went and collected our children and took them for frozen yogurt at Orange Leaf.  I always love seeing the kids in places like that. Their little faces just light up!

After Orange Leaf we went to the little private park in Hidden Oaks and played our little hearts out, and took tons of pictures. (I'll post them later)

When we returned home, we set up the tent, grilled us up some hotdogs, and had a backyard camping trip!  We all slept soundly in the tent, including Makayla and even Max. It's so much fun to watch our little family grow up!  This morning Riley groggily climbed out of bed, and exited the tent.  I heard a "WHACK!" and then he calmly came back into the tent, looked at me and mumbled "I killed it." and then went back to bed. LOL  I guess there was a bug that was bothering him or something.
When we were all awake, we grilled some sausages, and cooked us up some pancakes and scrambled eggs out in the backyard  We sat around and ate listening to the birds chirping.  We wanted to make it as close to really camping as possible and Matt and I were kind of giggling when I asked him "Don't you just love the sound of nature?" His response: "You mean mixed with the sound of an internal combustion engine??" LOL (There were trucks driving up and down our road.)  He's such a stinker!
It was a great "dress rehearsal" for the real thing since we plan on taking all 4 kids and the dog up into the mountains a lot this Summer as well as to Manti for the Mormon Miracle Pageant at the end of the month.

We've got an AWESOME Summer planned!  Next week we've got Twilight Tales on Tuesday and the parade and fireworks on Saturday!

Can't Wait!

No comments: