We had such a great Father's Day.
The only thing that went wrong was Matt woke up before me and had the kids all taken care of by the time I got out of bed. Hence, we were unable to give him breakfast in bed for once since he always does that for me.. Oh well though right?
Thomas and Connor kept mentioning that they really wanted to do a puppet show for Matt. Unfortunately, I was busy all week making sure the house was spotless and doing projects around the house that needed to get done so that Matt could just relax. But we managed to make 1 sock puppet and a sun and a cloud on a stick. We then put Connor in his shark hat, so he could poke his head out and pretend to eat Thomas' puppet while Riley controlled the weather.
Thomas' puppet seems to be hiding, and by the time we got around to taking their picture, Riley had broken his stick, so we had to improvise for the camera.
I made the puppet show out of 2 kitchen chairs, a curtain rod, rope, a sheet and a blue blanket. There was a hole in the back that the kids could poke their hands through, except for Connor, he had to be in the middle so he could "Swim" around. (Riley was supposed to be behind the blanket too, but he's 3, so I'll give him a break.)
After we set up the puppet stage, I made a candlelight dinner and a menu that Matt could order off of. Then I dressed the kids all in their Sunday clothes and painted on mustaches so that they could be the waiters.
The boys were so adorable!! Connor walked Matt to his seat and helped him sit down. Then Matt ordered off the menu and I told him "Oh my! Please excuse me, I need to visit the ladies' room!" Then I hurried and whipped up whatever it was that Matt ordered while Thomas performed magic tricks for him, then I came back and sat down. The boys then walked in with our plates and while we were eating, they performed the puppet show for us. It was so funny. The shark was eating Thomas' puppet and there was quite a struggle over there. Then we heard Thomas pipe up after it had been a while of eating noises and screams "10 years later" in a french accent. We got a pretty good laugh out of it. The boys loved it just as much as Matt did!
After dinner, we gave our amazing waiters each a dollar for a tip.
I am so blessed to have such an amazing husband who is such a great father to my children. He is such an amazing leader in our family to make sure that we're teaching our kids what they need to learn to be happy in this life and the next. He is faithful, and loyal. and loving, and caring. He is patient, and silly, and dedicated and he does an amazing job providing for our family. We are so proud of him!! I love you Matthew!!

No comments:
Post a Comment