Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Life

Life is so good.

I'm not really sure what Matt and I did to deserve all of the blessings we're being blessed with, but it must have been something really good! LOL I would count them, but there are so many that I really don't know where to even start!!!

I love waking up everyday next to my husband, who usually wakes me up by doing something that bugs me.. It makes me mad!! So I try to ignore him or slug him so I can go back to sleep and all I can manage to do is wake up laughing.  I love that we have to go to bed ridiculously early in order to account for the time we're going to waste giggling once we climb into bed.

Matt is so mindful of me.  Today he noticed I have been slightly down a little.  It's not that I'm sad, it's just that between Makayla's 1st birthday, Thomas' birthday next month, Thomas' baptism, My birthday, Jon's Wedding, a trip to Wyoming for Zarren's blessing, a wedding shower, and preparing to build a home (it won't be for a little while, but the planning needs to start now!), I'm not sure how to even organize my thoughts or plans, let alone my housework! LOL!  Matt and I were Skyping and without me even saying anything or hinting that something was wrong, he told me that he can tell I'm overwhelmed, and that maybe the lack of sunshine lately has been contributing to it, so while he was at work he made me a playlist to listen to during the day of a whole bunch of Summertime songs to cheer me up!  LOL I have never felt so loved in my whole dang life. :-)

You can find the playlist here if you are having the same thing happen!

I love waking up in the morning to the living room floor completely littered with picture books and all 3 boys lying on their tummies reading and looking at the pictures instead of playing video games or watching cartoons.  And I love to walk into Makayla's room and see her beautiful happy little face smiling from ear to ear to see her mommy and daddy coming in to get her out of bed so daddy can see her before he goes to work.

And I love that Matt and I still flirt with each other each and every day, and as I wave goodbye to him in the mornings, I close the door with a smile on my face and a heart clear full of love for that amazing man!

Our family has come a long way.  If I were to see us from 2 or 3 years ago, I wouldn't even know who we were.  It's amazing how much God blesses you, when all you have to do is try, no matter how many times you have failed and no matter how much everyone else seems to succeed.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I love this! I have a great marriage, but this gives me hope that it can be even better...