First of all, Matt surprised me with a Nexus 7. (click the link if you want to read about them)
I absolutely LOVE it!! I love how many amazing free books you can get, plus lots more! It's like exactly what I need in life. :) I can put my daily to do lists on there, balance our bank accounts, check email, facebook and instagram, I can Skype with Mattie while I'm walking around the house, set it down somewhere near me while I'm cooking and listen to Pandora, or even have it read the books I download to me and best of all, Games! :D
It's a little smaller than an iPad, but it's smoother because it has a better processor, and it's not NEARLY as heavy! That's one thing that bugs me when I play with the iPad Matt's work gave to him. Pretty soon, you have to set it down because it's so heavy to hold with one hand for very long while you're playing games.
I haven't named my Nexus yet, but rest assured, I can already tell it's going to be a beautiful relationship. lol

Next up!! Samsung Galaxy S3
I absolutely love this phone.
Right now it is the #1 rated phone even above the iPhone.
Some of the things I love most about it is, if you are reading a text from someone, and you need to call them, all you do is put your phone up to your ear and it will automatically dial them.
I love the feature where it will use the camera on the front of the phone and if it detects a face looking at it, it will not go into sleep mode.
I love the feature where if the phone is locked, you can either swipe the camera icon, the internet icon, the phone icon or the messaging icon and it will take you straight there instead of swiping the phone and having to fumble with it to find what you need when you're in a hurry.
I love how it has everything that my Nexus has, but smaller for when I'm away from home. I can sync their calendars, email, contacts you name it, if it's on my Nexus, I can also use it on my phone if I need to while I'm out and about. :o)
Next:
Skull Candy Uprock Headphones (Because I'm a music junkie!)
I love these headphones. They fit perfectly, the sound is INCREDIBLE and best of all, lifetime warranty! :D
Next: (this is actually a family gift) A brand new XBox 360 with Kinect!
We also were able to get the following accessories:
2 new controllers and charging station
Disneyland (game)
Kinect Adventures (game)
Dance Central (game)
Halo 4 (game)
Far Cry 3 (game)
Ghost Recon (game)
External Hard drive for all our storage needs. ;)
OK let me just say this. This thing is paying for itself. You hear about people going to Zumba? Well,I don't need a gym membership anymore! This is just as good of a workout, but you're in your own home and (in my opinion) it's 100x more fun! It will snap pictures of you randomly in the dances and it's hilarious to see what you look like. Matt likes to watch and laugh at me. I could seriously play it for hours. I looked online and there are people who have lost upwards of 80 lbs just by eating healthy and playing this game 40 minutes a night. I can totally handle that! LOL
Anyways, I'm having tons of fun with my new toys! Thank you Matthew! Seriously? You spoiled me rotten!! I SO didn't deserve all of the amazing gifts!!
As for my actual birthday, I am 28 years old and I have so so so much to be thankful for! I actually have the stomach flu today so the party is cancelled, but I still have been so blessed! I was able to spend most of Saturday at the Draper Temple with Rae Ann. We were able to do all the ordinances for a couple of our ancestors all the way from baptism! The temple totally accommodated us and went above and beyond what they will usually do for people. It was unreal the things that we were able to experience that most people are never able to!! When we thanked them for what they were able to do for us, the women that we were talking to told us that "When the spirit tells us (the temple workers) to do something, we don't ask questions. We just do it."
I can honestly say I wouldn't change a single thing about Matt or our relationship. It took a lot of hard work to get to this point, but we're at the point where we're 100% teammates and excited for our family's future.
I am done having kids and it makes me excited to think that by the time I'm 30 years old, I will be done having children, I will have my "body" back. We are now completely out of debt with money in savings, and we will be moving into our own home that will be large enough for our family to live in for the rest of our lives. We have finally been sealed in the temple as a family and at the end of the year I'm going to be taking online classes and getting my degree in accounting to bless our family now, and then possibly after my children are married and gone, maybe contribute to our retirement savings.
I feel like we have drawn out our road map and we're enthusiastically on our way to the rest of our lives. Naturally we are expecting there to be hiccups in our plans every now and then. We are no strangers to bumps in the road, but when Matt and I tackle them hand in hand, they never seem very big. Every year seems to be better than the last, and I no longer feel any sort of sadness on my birthdays. Just excitement for the rest of my life.
UPDATE
After I wrote this blog, I got more gifts which I should probably write down that I also got a great big huge minky pillow, a GARGANTUAN cake that I begged Matt to take to work with him and share with the guys. LOL A really cute new set of drinking glasses, lots and lots of candy, a skirt, and some zebra print and pink fabric to sew an apron.
Thank you everyone for making my birthday so wonderful! :)
After I wrote this blog, I got more gifts which I should probably write down that I also got a great big huge minky pillow, a GARGANTUAN cake that I begged Matt to take to work with him and share with the guys. LOL A really cute new set of drinking glasses, lots and lots of candy, a skirt, and some zebra print and pink fabric to sew an apron.
Thank you everyone for making my birthday so wonderful! :)
1 comment:
Is it pathetic that I am totally impressed by all of your goals and life plans? Mostly just because it puts into perspective how very not planned my own life is. Lol! I need to get on top of things. Seriously though, I love all of your goals and I'm so happy that things are going well for you. ♥
Post a Comment