Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

30 Year Old Man Tantrums

So...

I guess I can be a "bed hog"?  But in my defense, so can Matt sometimes...  I think we both have our moments. Who doesn't?

The other night Matt and I climbed into bed and immediately he scooted close to the edge of his side of the bed plugging in his cell phone to charge and making sure the alarm clock was set... You know.. The nightly routine.

I might have been a little overzealous to snuggle.  And I rolled over and without thinking just wrapped my arms around him and got comfy.

He rolled over and gave me a strange look; and I, being one who cannot take a hint if it slapped me in the face, I smile and nuzzle into his chest and close my eyes ready to sleep.

Finally after squirming a little bit Matt patiently pointed out:

"You're in the middle of the bed"

To which I replied:

"No... I'm on my side."

"No... you're in the middle of the bed."

"Well, it's because I want to snuggle you!"

"But.... You're in the middle of the bed."

Me, getting somewhat impatient:

"Because you're all the way over there!"

Now, ladies and gentlemen.  I really hope that I will be able to accurately paint a mental image of Matt's ultimate reaction, although I doubt ANY words will be able to describe the hilarity.  Up until this point, he has been patient and kind.  He hasn't come out and said "SCOOT THE HECK OVER!" he was trying to be kind and loving and trying to take back the side of bed which is rightfully his without being too harsh, but reaching a point where all the insinuations in the world are not getting through to his target audience.

Matt: "I'm all the way over here, because you're in the middle of the bed."

Me (speaking slowly to try to get my point across): "*Sigh.. because.. you're all the way... over.. there"

Matt: Finally at the end of his rapidly fraying rope, kicks his legs and flails his arms in the most EPIC 30 year old man tantrum I have EVER seen... EVER!!!!!! 
"BECAUSE YOU'RE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I sat for a few seconds looking at him wide-eyed trying to figure out what just happened...  Then at the same time we both burst out laughing.  Deciding it was something he obviously had some sort of passion about I scootched over to my side of the bed and let him get situated before I dove in again for another snuggle.

Matt's epic 30 year old man tantrum will be forever etched into my memory.  The kind of memory that comes at inopportune times.. Like church meetings.  The kind that make you snort repeatedly in an attempt to hold in the laughter at said church meetings and consequently, this memory of Matt is a gift that will keep on giving. 

And we will live happily ever after.

1 comment:

somethingcoolerthan said...

hahahaha. You guys crack me up!