GEEZ!!!!! … That about sums it up.
But here’s the story anyways:
Yesterday we spent a good 4 hours outside playing our little butts off. It was so warm and sunny and nice and perfect and I didn’t want to come back inside.
When we got back inside, Riley had a slight rash and I thought that since my dad has such horrible allergies, he might be allergic to something outside. I decided to keep an eye on it since he was acting pretty ok. Just tired, but come on! We just spent 4 hours running around outside! Our friend Josh came over after Matt got off of work and about as soon as he got here, I put Riley to bed for the night, and didn’t really think any more of it.
This morning was a normal morning, we woke up at about 6:00. Riley seemed fine, we took Thomas to school, came home and got dressed then went over to my friend Janessa’s house to have a play date with her two boys Riley and Connor’s age, Mikey and Gabe. While we were there I looked at Riley and the rash looked like it was getting worse! I even mentioned it to her and said that I needed to give him Benadryl when we got home. So I did. 3 hours later, it hadn’t helped at all, and he developed a fever. Riley is also not a cuddly kid at all, but I tried to put him in bed, and he would weakly cry until I picked him up and then he would fall asleep in my arms. I decided to call the doctor and take him in. They had no more openings, so I took him to the after hour clinic.
When we got there, he had gotten a little bit of sleep, so he wasn’t as lethargic, but the rash was getting worse. It was even on the insides of his ears. His temperature was about 100 degrees and, I know this sounds weird, but his breath smelled like batteries. LOL We all felt so bad for the little dude. They did a strep test and it came back positive. But with the rash, they said he has Scarlet Fever. HIs tonsils are huge and he’s just miserable!!! They gave him a shot and said he should start feeling better, but the poor guy!!! He just got over RSV a few weeks ago and now Scarlett Fever!?! I didn’t even know scarlet fever was still around!!! But there you have it. My little guy is such a trooper!
*sigh… I just hope and pray nobody else gets it!
4 comments:
Scarlet Fever is around because of the trend to not vaccinate. Its preventable by vaccination, so Ive heard.
Yeah it is. It's not one that is very commonly vaccinated against anymore though since it's so easily treatable with antibiotics. (LOL I did some research when I got home.) My mom said that my brother got it back in 2009. So I guess we've just been lucky and it's more common than I thought. The doctor said it is still semi rare though.
Thats interesting. Ive heard there isnt a vaccination. Ive been told both So I dunno. Im glad antibiotics will treat it. Arent we lucky to live in this time.
Yes we are! I think of Scarlet Fever and I think of the people in Little Women like dying from it!!! So when the doctor was all chill about it, I was like "Um.. Is this scary??" and she laughed at me. haha And I think you're right. LOL Now I'm all confused, who knows if there's a vaccine or not. I'm reading both. LOL Oh well I guess...
Post a Comment