It’s kind of been a crazy week! Thursday I went to our first official prenatal appointment. I love our doctor, he’s kind of a quirky fellow, but he’s awesome.
I have been SO stressed out with the problems we’ve had so far that they weren’t going to find my little bean in there.. alive anyways. But sure enough!!! There it was!! It’s little heart rate looked great at a little over 160 BPM! We are so excited! And I am officially 12 weeks in less than 3 hours when my doctor said the miscarriage rate would drop to below 1%!
. So I think it has finally set in that we are having a baby... Most of the time. LOL
The night before last we had a little scare. I was slightly crampy during the day, but when you have a person growing inside of you, you’re bound to feel SOMETHING! So I didn’t think really anything of it. We went over to mom and dad Nilson’s house where I got to see Grandma!!!! ( I SO LOVE THAT LADY!!!) And I sat and talked to her for hours. We ate dinner, I chased the boys around and then we went home. Later I noticed some VERY light spotting, but I think anyone who has ever had a miscarriage FREAKS at any sight of blood while they’re pregnant. I called my doctor who said that I needed to rest for the rest of the night (It was like midnight anyways) and call first thing in the morning and go in to get everything looked at. So I did. Poor Matt had the job of trying to calm me down enough to sleep. He’s such a great guy. The next day Matt actually called my doctor and set everything up since our phone wasn’t working. I went in, and again, they were able to find the heartbeat.
<- (It’s still kind of unreal to me that we’re pregnant again) And since I’m Rh Negative, they sent me over to the hospital to get my blood drawn to get a rhogam shot so my body doesn’t attack the baby in case it’s Rh Positive. When I got there it was probably around 6:30 at night. Luckily the registration people and the lab people totally know me so it sped up the process, but I got my blood drawn (AGAIN Seriously, this is the 4th time since I learned I was pregnant and I have another one scheduled in about 2 weeks! I don’t even flinch anymore!) Anyways but the lab girl said since there was spotting I had to get the rhogam shot THAT NIGHT! (It was after hours) So she said I could either wait for them to run the test which would be a couple hours, or I could leave and come back about 2 hours later. I opted for that one. So, I went home, had to go back, had to wait for them to call the on call nurse for IV therapy, to get a shot and stay about 15 mins for observation. YIPEE!! The super adorable nurse got there and gave me the shot and we got to hang out and chat for a while. No spotting since, so I know we’re fine, I’m just really thankful for the peace of mind and the rhogam shot. I’m probably spelling it wrong, but oh well.
Now my next appointment I have to do the glucose test since I am at such a high risk for gestational diabetes…. More blood work.
No comments:
Post a Comment