Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

Good News and Bad News!

Good news first – because that’s just how I roll. :)  I don’t really need to worry too much about being admitted into the hospital IF AND ONLY IF I keep all my appointments with my nurse.  She is working with my doctor to monitor my levels, adjust medication, all those sorts of fun things.  WHEW!

Bad news next – I was guaranteed to be on insulin by the end of my pregnancy based on where my levels have been so far. (I know.. they’ve told me that before but I tried to kind of dismiss it.. But now they have explained why that is. Boo.)  I was put on medication last week.  I take one pill at bedtime.  My morning levels are great, but after lunch they get higher and after dinner they are even worse.  She is going to speak with the doctor and probably have me take one in the morning as well as the night.  The problem is, I’m only 18 weeks.  Gestational diabetes gets more severe the farther along you are.  If I’m already to the point of medication, they are going to keep me on it for as long as they can until they use insulin.

I have my first appointment with maternal and fetal medicine and I will be working with a perinatologist.  I’m officially a high-risk pregnancy.  (Good thing it’s my last!!! LOL) 

So it looks like we’ll be having lots of doctors appointments, ultrasounds, all that fun stuff!  Each week I am to go in to the clinic.  I’m not sure how frequent I’ll be seeing perinatologist dude though.. Then I still have my regular OB appointments. *Sigh.. It’s a good thing I got permission to take my children to some of these!! LOL (Not to mention the dentist appointment I have on Monday.)  That’s 4 different appointments in 1 week!  Good thing we have good insurance. ;)

No comments: