Before Christmas, we had Thomas’ School Program where we got lots of awesome video, but I can’t find the dang cord to transfer it to the computer so you’ll just have to wait for it. He had quite the little fan club with Grandma and Grandpa Beard, Jen, Kate, Akasha, James and Grandma and Grandpa Nilson all cheering for him. It was seriously so cute!!!
When the kids got done singing they all shouted:
“We’ve been sitting here for a long long time. We’ve about reached our limit! If you want to take our picture, we’ll sit still for ONE MORE MINUTE!”
haha! It was so cute! Then they all put their best smiles on while the parents rushed the stage to get pictures of their little ones.
Then the morning of Wednesday of last week, I was having contractions that started waking me up out of my sleep. My braxton hicks are always regular, and most of the time pretty strong, so I didn’t panic, I just got up and soaked in the tub trying to get them to stop. I managed to get them to slow down just to a constant dull, but obnoxious cramp. Matt went off to work and I somehow managed to take care of my 3 little monkeys. I felt awful though. Matt came home at 4 and I went straight to bed. I ended up sleeping until 9:00 that night and then when I woke up, I still felt like I hadn’t slept in a year. I was still having pretty strong braxton hicks but the part that worried me, was I had a little fever. I called my doctor and went in to labor and delivery for them to “assess my situation”. I knew I wasn’t in labor so I just left Matt home with the boys. But I wanted to make sure that I didn’t have some sort of infection or anything. They hooked me up to the monitors and freaked out. My contractions were pretty nuts and happening every 3-5 minutes. I tried to calm them by telling them that it was just how my body was, but they checked me and I was slightly dilated. They ended up giving me a shot to stop the contractions and it worked.. For an hour. Then they were back as strong as they were before. But by this time they had been able to see what I was telling them. They look scary and they suck, but they aren’t changing me much if at all. In fact the way I know I’m in labor is the lack of contractions and the general feeling of extreme crappiness. I was however, severely dehydrated. You see, I haven’t been able to really hold anything down for about 2 weeks except for liquids, so I’ve been drinking a lot, but loosing a lot too I guess. It took a couple of nurses from labor and delivery to try to get me an IV. They poked me tons, but my veins just kept collapsing. So they called in a nurse from the NICU to come and give me one since they are used to giving them to tiny little baby veins. They had to use a tiny needle, but they ended up getting me one. I finished the whole bag of fluid in about 15-20 mins. So after a few hours of that, they also couldn’t get my blood sugar under control. (I didn’t think it was a problem because I hadn’t eaten since before Matt got home at 4) But it was 200 when they tested it. They shot me up with insulin and an hour later came back and it was 195. So they gave me even more insulin. All in all, I was able to go home around 3:30 AM, and let me tell you, I felt SO MUCH BETTER. I’m sure it was the dehydration that did it. Now I’m trying to drink constantly, but I feel like no matter how much I drink, I just can’t ever get enough. It’s awesome. I’m fine now though.
Friday I went to my OB/GYN and got some good news. 1) It’s pretty much official. All the paperwork is done at least. We aren’t having any more children. :) and 2) I don’t have to go a single day over 38 weeks. (I had Riley at 36 and Connor at 37 both naturally but I still worried since Kaylee is smaller that I would go longer.) So we have pretty much only 3-5 weeks left!!! Now it’s kind of a race to see what happens first, the temple or Kaylee getting here. We’re behind a few weeks for our temple prep classes since Matt got called into work and Christmas. But it will happen when it happens. I would love for her to be born in the covenant, but if not, she’ll just be able to join us for the big day on the outside! :)
So, that was before Christmas, now stay tuned for my Christmas post. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment