Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

She Looks Like Her Brother!

We had another ultrasound today!! :)

Turns out giving myself shots 5+ times a day is really paying off!  We have ladies and gentlemen, A NORMAL SIZED BABY!!!!

We had a really good ultrasound tech today.  She got some amazing shots!  And even better, Matt got to see a really good ultrasound of his little girl!  She is still breech, but she’s still got plenty of room to move in there, so nobody’s too worried.  She likes to use the placenta as a pillow.   It’s really cute.

It started out with being able to see her adorable tiny little feet moving.  She was curling her toes and bending her knees.  When they moved up to her head we were able to see her hair. :)  Then her cute little face.  It was a real face shot with tons of detail!  Not like the “Skeletor” 2D pictures. LOL She has cheeks just like Connor.  In fact she looked like a little unborn Connor.  She has pouty lips, kissable cheeks and hair!  We got to see her drinking the fluid.  I’m so glad Matt got to see a good ultrasound! I’m happy Kaylee cooperated!!

Makayla weighs 4 lbs right now.  They said if I went to 40 weeks, they’d estimate she’d be about 8 lbs.  While that may be a bit big for some people consider that Riley was born at 36 weeks weighing 9 lbs!!!  Connor at 37 weeks weighed 8 lbs 5 oz!  And Thomas was probably our most normal sized child at 9 lbs born at 40 weeks.

Some people (Like my sister) can pop out a 9 lb baby without breaking a sweat….

I am not one of those people.

My late pregnancies and labors are HORRIBLE!  I’ve never had a labor that was shorter than 14 hours.  Riley and Thomas were 9 lbs.  Connor was a half a pound smaller, but let me tell you, for my body at least, it was night and day trying to get an 8.5 pounder vs. a 9 pounder out.  With Thomas, he was pretty stressed.  So much so that the anesthesiologist came in and looked at the heart rate monitor while I was pushing and started pushing Thomas out from the outside of my stomach.  He was literally jumping and landing on his fists on my stomach. We got him out just as they were getting the forceps ready.  Riley was also pretty hard to get out.  It took a while.  He wasn’t as stressed out as Thomas was, but it still took everything in me to deliver him.  That my friends, is why I want a smaller baby.  Anything smaller than 9 lbs, I’ll take! :)

I might post pictures.. But they really just don’t do the ultrasound justice.

So it’s officially diabetic appointments weekly, non-stress tests twice a week starting in two weeks. As well as the doctor’s visits every 2 weeks, then one more ultrasound and we’ll have ourselves a baby!  SO EXCITED!!!

No comments: