Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Connorisms

Connor cracks me up on a daily basis.  He says so many funny things that I really can’t write them all down.  But I will try in this post to remember as many as possible that have happened recently.


Connor was playing in his room by himself and his invisible monster friend named Harry when he came out pretending to be terrified while I was making dinner.  I asked him “What’s wrong??”

He replied “There’s a vegetable monster in my room and he’s burning the whole thing down!”

“A vegetable monster??”

“Yeah!”

“Can’t Harry take care of it?”

“He’s too scared! He ran down the hall!”


I was on the phone today and Connor came to me and said “Mommy, I’m hungry.  Will you make me something to eat?”

I told him “Just a minute sweetie, I’m on the phone."

He then started wailing! Tears streaming down his face: “My stomach is going to eat me! My stomach is going to eat me!”


Connor asked for a drink while I was changing a diaper.. I told him “Just a minute” He said “Don’t say just a minute, say ‘I’m busy’” So, I said “I’m busy” then he said “NO YOU’RE NOT! MOM, DON’T BE BUSY!!!”

I giggled because I was totally set up.

Then he said “Mom!! I need a drink! Hurry! You’re going to make me die!!”

Then I laughed as I walked into the kitchen and threw away the diaper.

“Mom! You’re going the wrong way! Get me milk!”

Still kind of chuckling to myself because of the drama of the situation I said

“Connor, say ‘THIS IS SERIOUS MOM’”

Then he glared at me and said
“It’s not time for talking! Get me a drink! I’m going to die!!!”

I poured him a glass of milk in order to prevent his early demise and he skipped away and went on playing!


Connor loves to help out with anything he can when he’s bored.  But sometimes he just likes to do his own thing and come and check on me once in a while.  The other day he did just that.  I was doing laundry and in comes Connor.

“Mom, what are you doing?”

“I’m doing laundry.  Do you want to push the button?”

“No.  But thank you for making our clothes clean!!”

He has also thanked me for helping them clean their room, washing their sheets, making dinner, brushing teeth..

He is a demanding little dude, but he sure is grateful!


The other day I was getting Connor and Riley ready to go get Thomas from school and Matt from work.  He told me “I don’t want to go, just leave me here.”

I told him “No! I can’t leave without my Connor!”

He responded “You’re right mom! Who would protect you if I wasn’t with you??”


Yesterday on the way to get Matt in the car, Connor was trying to explain to Thomas that he loves him, and because he loves him, he needs to protect him. 

Then he said “I need to protect Riley too! And I’m going to teach him how to ‘get out of a baby’ and be a big boy! Just like you teach me how to be a big boy Cocoa!”

It was so cute.. I wonder if he pictures Riley one day shedding his “baby body” and emerging a little bit older. LOL!


One day, for no apparent reason, Connor was telling me he was sick. (He really wasn’t, he just really likes to be dramatic)

“Mom, I’m sick. I’m going to go throw up on my bed!”

“Nooo! Don’t throw up on your bed!”

“I’m going to! I’m going to go throw up on my bed because I just can’t take it anymore!”

“What can’t you take?”

“My legs! My legs are tired of standing! I’m just going to start throwing up all over the place!  I picked up the phone and called my mom so she could hear what I have to deal with…

He went on.. And on… And on.. about how sick he was and the vomit fest that was going to happen at our house.

As soon as I turned cartoons on for the boys he told me “I’m all better now!”


Every time I’m running a little bit late or don’t have much time to spare getting somewhere and I’m trying to get the kids to hurry and pile into the car so we can leave Connor get’s so excited and asks: “Is the baby coming out?!?!”


When he asks me to do something, and I say “Just a minute” he always says

“Do you need a ‘Please’?”

I tell him “Yes!”

Then he smiles and gets all giddy and says “I knew it!!!”


Lately his very favorite thing to do is give me a heart attack.

I will be doing the dishes, or preparing a meal and he will come in and say something like:

“Riley’s playing in toilet” or “Riley is in the front yard” or something like that.  Something awful enough that it strikes panic yet believable enough that I wouldn’t put it past Riley!

I usually scream, drop what I’m doing and RUN!!!

When I get about half way to the “scene of the crime” A VERY giggly Connor will chime up and say:

“Mom, I’m just teasin’!”


Connor has the most kissable cheeks EVER!  I play this game where I will cradle him and just plaster his little face with kisses.  He will usually try to fight to get away but I will hug him even tighter say “I’m not done yet!” and continue smothering him with kisses as he giggles uncontrollably.

On days when I don’t get to pay as much attention to him he will tell me “Mom! Kiss my face!”

So I will.

Then he will say “Stop! Stop!”

Then I’ll stop.

He will say “No mom!! You’re supposed to say ‘I’m not done yet!’”


Connor:  “I like robots.”

Me: “Really?”

Connor: “Yep! I’m going to be one when I grow up!”

Me: “Wow! What kind of robot will you be?”

Connor: “A mean one that destroys Earth”

Me: “Oh no!! Can’t you be a nice one??”

Connor: “No, Nice robots aren’t as cool.”


I was sitting with Connor yesterday and rocking him in the rocking chair for some time alone with him while dinner was cooking.  I really want to make sure he’s getting as much attention as the other kids him being the “middle child” and all.  I told him, “Connor, do you know that mommy will still hold you and sing to you even after Kaylee is born?”

He says: “Yep! and I have an idea!! When Kaylee is born she can sleep in the elephant tent!”

“Outside?!?!”

“No.  She can sleep in the tent in my bedroom! She will love it!


”Mom, I’m hungry”

“Ok, I’m making dinner!”

“What are we going to eat??”

“Frog legs and rocks”

(giggle) “You little stinker!!”


Thomas has had some pretty funny ones too!  He has always stressed out about his future.  He doesn’t want to ever move out of the house.  He doesn’t want to go to college, and he doesn’t want to get married.  The other day in the car, I was telling Connor:

“When you grow up and you’re a daddy, guess what! I’ll be your kids’ grammy!”

Thomas chimes in “Mom, I decided I do want to get married and have kids when I grow up.”

Me: “Oh good!! That will be fun to have lots of grandkids running around! Think of how fun Christmas will be!”

Thomas: “You still have to buy me presents too though OK?”


Thomas’ top front tooth is loose.  He tells me:

“Mom, I don’t know what to do with my tooth!”

“Aren’t you going to leave it under your pillow for the tooth fairy?”

“No, I think I’ll just sell it instead”

“Who on Earth would want to buy your tooth??”

“Probably one of my grammies.”

And he was right.. We had a facebook auction of his tooth between the grandparents.  We were up to $11, when I decided that no matter what, it wasn’t going to end well. We don’t want to harbor competition between grandparents! The “tooth fairy” won the bid at $12.


One night Thomas was in deep thought.  And before this night he has always told me he wants to be an astronaut when he grows up.

“Mom, how do you get jobs at places?”

“Well, you write a paper that tells places the things you know how to do.  It’s called a resume. Then you go into a place and fill out an application and give it to the manager with your resume and they talk to you and decide if they want to hire you or not.. Why?”

“Because I really really want to work at McDonalds when I grow up. Do you think they would let me work there?”

“As long as you have a pulse, sure sweetie.”

(Fear struck my heart. I’d rather him shoot for something that requires him to work a little bit harder in life.  But I will also support him no matter what he decides to be.. We’ll just have to wait and see what happens! LOL)

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I LOVE this post!!!!