Turns out, I don’t have a virus like my doctor said! After watching things extremely closely, and after having another “episode” we (My diabetes nurse from the hospital and I) figured out what is happening. It happened again the day before last at dinnertime after I got home from the hospital. I ate dinner, tested my blood 2 hours later and it was 213. So I tested again a half our later and it went up to 219. Then a flash of dizziness. I stumbled into the bathroom and checked my blood again not even 5 minutes later and it was 160.
When my blood goes above 200 and stays there, my body freaks out and goes into “panic” mode (this is according to my diabetes lady). My body releases a ton of insulin all at once and drops my blood super super fast causing me to be dizzy.
We made some adjustments to my medication so that hopefully it won’t ever go up that high causing my body to panic. At first I was wondering if I was on too much medication, but it just turns out that the timing of when I needed it has changed because the gestational diabetes is slowly getting worse.
The good news is we have our anatomy ultrasound tomorrow that we’re taking the boys to! And I have another ultrasound on Tuesday for my perinatologist, so we get to see lots of our little girl! :) She’ll have a whole dang scrapbook before she’s even born! LOL
Also, I’m kind of betting on having her at 37 weeks. Considering Riley was born at 36 and Connor at 37, both large children. And my doctor (If I stay with him) said he likes to take gestational diabetes babies anywhere from 36 to 38 weeks depending on the size and how the baby’s doing. Apparently the placenta with gestational diabetes babies gets “worn out” sooner than regular pregnancies increasing the risk for a still born birth. (Of all my pregnancies, I had no clue about this!) So some doctors really don’t like you going to 40 weeks. That means, we only have 15 weeks left!!! That’s only 3 and a half months!! This is going by way too fast!!! That may seem like a lot of time, but we still have SOOO much to do!!!
And the last thing to add is, I’m switching doctors. After a lot of stuff I’ve been trying to tell him, and him kind of blowing me off, it turns out he should have been listening to me. It’s not completely his fault, it’s just that for some reason, that whole office seems to be completely clueless about gestational diabetes!!! Also after talking to a certain nurse who will remain anonymous and has a lot of experience with doctors, She said my particular doctor is pretty notorious for how poorly he handles things. (She was really mad by this time because I was explaining the situation to her and voicing my frustrations. She also apologized and said that she should probably bite her tongue, but I assured her she hadn’t said anything I wasn’t already thinking. LOL) They do everything right there in their clinic, so a lot of times they will try to discourage patients to go to a specialist when they really need it because they like to monopolize all the tests right there and get the revenue for it, so their high-risk patients don’t get what they need. Not only that but when I go to an appointment I’m waiting at least an hour every time, then they listen to the heartbeat and send me out the door in a rush. It’s quantity, not quality there. For a normal routine pregnancy that might be fine, but it just doesn’t work for a “high risk” patient. He has NO CLUE what’s going on with my blood sugar levels! He doesn’t care to know either! I didn’t tell her I was going to switch, and she didn’t tell me to switch or anything, actually she said “I’ll handle your clinic!” Then gave me a bunch of instructions to follow. But my thinking is, I’ve always felt that they had someone’s best interests in mind, but it’s not mine or my baby’s! I want out now! The only reason they have found the gestational diabetes this early was because I insisted they tested. The only reason we were able to save this pregnancy is because I insisted they check my levels. I don’t feel like they are really “with it” LOL. Thanks for reading my rant, I could go on, trust me! LOL But I feel much better now. :)
Now to shop for doctors! LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment