Just for kicks and giggles lately I have been putting Riley on the little potty that plays music when he goes and taking toys in there and playing with him while he sits there. We didn't really introduce Connor to potty training very early and I think that is part of our struggles to get him there now, So while we give Connor a little break, I thought I'd make sure Riley gets a good early start. Who knows, it might get Connor there faster too if he sees Riley doing it.
Well today, Riley came and got me and led me into the bathroom and showed me he wanted to sit on the little potty. Not really thinking anything would come of it, I went ahead and sat him on there and GUESS WHAT!!! HE WENT! And it played music! And Connor came running and saying "Riley!! You did it! You're such a good kid!" haha
With the differences between Riley and Connor's personalities, I wouldn't be surprised if Riley is potty trained before Connor. :-)
We'll just have to keep working at it I guess! But hopefully this is a good sign of things to come. Maybe we can kill 2 birds with 1 stone and get them both trained at the same time and for the first time in 6 years I won't have to change any diapers!!!
... Here's to hoping. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment