Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Life is good. :)

Last Week:
I could pretty much sum it up using the word "silly" :-) Nothing big really happened, but there really is never a dull moment with my 4 boys. I started doing family history. I'm off to a great start and have some awesome info. My goal is to have each of our 6 generation charts finished by the end of the year. Not just with info, but with all the information I can find on the people including pictures and stories, then I'm going to be making 5 scrapbooks with copies of everything, one for each of us so we all can remember our roots. :-) I won't be able to do that with my whole line obviously, but I want the kids and I and Matt to really have a sense of where we come from with the 6 generation chart. So it's actually been a blast.
And right after I finished writing my last post pretty much, we found out Matt has another business trip to Colorado this month for a few days. So I have lots planned while he's gone. I'm going to head on over to my Grandma and Grandpa's house with a digital recorder and get stories and things from them with my dad. I'm excited.
And just to explain, I'm starting a tradition of a Christmas gift to Matt. Last year was my first year doing it and it was so much fun. I got the idea from my cute friend Jessica a while ago. You make a list of good memories and sum them up into one word or phrase and then cut the little phrases out and frame them where you can see it so if you're bored or whatever you can look at it and it triggers all those fun memories. Faster and cheaper and easier and more accessible than a scrapbook. (I still do need to be better at scrap-booking too though) Only I just did the good memories for 2010. But to make it easier for 2011, I'm trying to be better at blogging things so I can go back in Dec. and make sure I didn't forget anything. So some of the stuff I post is going to be meaningful to Matt and I, but are probably "You had to be there" moments. So just be patient.
Matt and I have pretty much nightly game nights. We play a lot of Settlers of Catan and Monopoly and Sorry and card games. It's such a blast!!!!!!!!!!!
Last night we were getting giggly again and I spilled my ice water all over my cards and just started screaming because... COLD!!! So we're both laughing and I'm paralyzed so he ran and got me a towel and cleaned up and changed. Then we sat back down and started playing and I realized that I was still thirsty so I got up and got more ice water, and in doing so, I knocked some of my pieces off the table. So not thinking, I just pushed the table as I was kind of under it and I hear this weird "Squeeking" noise from Matt! I look up and the table is smashing him in his chair and he's laughing as best as he can with a table protruding from his stomach. I apologized and moved the table and he sat and laughed til he was crying because he said that he saw it coming and was just like "Huh.. I should move" but for some reason decided to just get smashed.
So later last night, I was in bed reading while Matt was playing his iTouch and I hear something outside our bedroom window and it's like 1:30 AM and Eva (the cat) is inside, so I know it isn't her. Then I remembered how many deer we saw on the way to Matt's parent's house earlier that evening and figured there was one eating our bushes. But then I started to freak myself out picturing a deer busting through our window and going nuts in our bedroom. So I as Matt if it could happen and just then my pen fell off the bed and made a noise behind me and it scared me so I screamed and jumped on him. So I decided that I should probably make sure that it was in fact deer so I turned off the light and peeked through the blinds and I am seriously not even kidding it was RIGHT THERE next to the window LOOKING AT ME!!!! Once again it startled me so I ended up squealing again and knocking the blinds which in turn scared the deer and all of his friends grazing on our front lawn.
Also Friday night was our first "Special Night" with one of the kids. Matt and I decided that in order to make each kid feel special on a regular basis without the other kids getting jealous and making that impossible, we could start doing date nights with the kids every Friday, unless we have plans on Friday, then we can move it to Saturday for that week :-). Anyways we read scriptures, and sent all the kids to bed but Tommy. We started out just by talking to him about school, primary, friends... that kind of stuff and then we let him pick a game to play with us. He chose Sorry and he did so good! We all had tons of fun and Tommy beat us!!! So this Friday it's Connor, and then Riley and then Tommy again. But once a month one of the kids gets a "Special Date Night" So we will actually take them somewhere just the 3 of us. This month it's Tommy, Next month it's Connor, and the next is Riley and then it all starts over again. This year is going to be such an amazing year.
Also, Tommy went to his first friends' birthday party!!! It was so cute and he was so excited. The little boy was from the other Kindergarten class at his school and in his primary class too, so Tommy didn't really know most of the kids beforehand since they were mostly from school. But we dropped him off and when I went to get him I was chatting with Alison, his mom, and she said he fit right in!! So yay! Connor and Riley have weekly play dates with their friends Mikey and Gabe, but we do it when Tommy's at school, so hopefully Alison and I can set up more play dates with Tommy and Brady so he can have some more play time aside from school and brothers. :-)
So that's our week last week. Life has really honestly never been better. Love it!

No comments: