I just wanted to say how proud I am of my 3 little guys!
Today was Connor’s first day in Jr. Primary as a Sunbeam! We have been getting him psyched up all week for the change. The primary president came and dropped off scripture reading charts and an information sheet for Tommy and Connor. So we have been reading the Book of Mormon with them and having them circle the days on their little chart so he’s been anxiously waiting to be a Sunbeam. Then today after Sacrament meeting they took all the little kids up to the front and read off their names and sent them with their teachers. As soon as they read Connor’s name and he met his new teacher he beamed and was SO excited! Then he sat quietly and paid attention all through sharing time! :-) I’m a proud mommy!
Tommy moved on to CTR 6 and did very well also! He loves primary, but sometimes change can be hard for him.
We also had a great thing happen with Riley in nursery. He usually cries, but the nursery leaders learned today that blowing bubbles is the trick with that kid, so hopefully he will be easier for them now.
I love what our primary is doing with the kids. They gave each kid a scripture chart, like I said. And on Sunday, whoever read their scriptures that week gets to go and put a penny in the jar during sharing time. And when they get enough pennies, they are going to buy a Book of Mormon, put all the kids testimonies in it, and send it to one of our ward missionaries. Matt and I read every night as a couple anyways so we just have Tommy and Connor sit with us. Matt gave Tommy his first Book of Mormon from when he was little to take to church and I gave Connor mine. It’s so funny, I found an old primary talk tucked in the pages of it and my name written in little kid’s handwriting with an “I was good in Primary” sticker! haha! They especially love them during Sacrament meeting. They both sat quietly the whole time just flipping through the pages and looking at the pictures. Now if only we could figure something out for Ry-Guy to keep him quiet! He does really really good until about the second speaker and then he gets super wiggly. I guess until we learn a trick for that kid Matt will just have to keep taking him out periodically. Unless we can somehow manage to blow bubbles during it, but I don’t think that would go well.
And I just want to say, that Matt and I have been in quite a few wards since we’ve been married. This ward is BY FAR my favorite! There is seriously never a dull moment! It really is like everyone is one big huge happy family! Today a way cute 90 year old lady wanted to bare her testimony but didn’t want to use the microphone and just stood up where she was sitting and told everyone she was just going to talk loud. haha! And about a month ago I was sitting in Sacrament meeting and Matt was out with Riley, an adorable special needs lady came and plopped down beside me and asked if she could share the kids’ treats. They are all so willing to help everyone out and if you don’t ask for help, they will hunt people down that could possibly need help! In relief society today we spent the first 5 minutes figuring out how to get a lady to the doctor in the morning and what we were going to do with her kids in the meantime. Everyone reacted and thought up solutions like it was their own sister or mom that needed their help. And they didn’t move on until all the details were hammered out. It really is an AMAZING ward! I love love love it! You really can feel the love everyone has for each other. There is no gossip, because everyone just tells everyone anything anyways so there is no need to talk behind people’s backs. And the most of a clique I’ve seen is the 80-90 year old women. :-) I love being able to look around the chapel and see everyone looking up at the speaker with slight smiles on their face. You really can actually see the love they all have for each other. And I love that the kids can have friends that they play with during the week that they can see at church too. It’s awesome.
Anyways…
New Years went great! We had a little party just the 5 of us. We had sandwiches on rolls for dinner and then just snacked on chips and cookies and all that sort of stuff the rest of the night. We watched Avatar and then we carefully watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail making sure to edit it for the kids. Connor and Tommy were cracking up!! haha I had more fun watching them than I did watching the movie! Matt had bought some little party favor whistle things that we all used when midnight came around and then we turned off the lights and watched all the fireworks in the valley through the living room window after we were done screaming “Happy New Year!” and each drinking our new year’s glass of sparkling grape juice. It’s fun having kids old enough and enough of us to do family parties like that now! We were going to go up to Wyoming but we had some car troubles, the serpentine belt seized or something in that mechanical language that I don’t speak, and we had to get that taken care of. But it was fun just the 5 of us and we are going to do that from now on. That about sums up this last week!
Happy 2011 everyone!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment