So Saturday I couldn’t take it anymore. My gym membership had expired around October of last year, and I was debating on weather or not I needed it or not.
The gym is seriously my therapy. I’m sure you know what I mean. And Saturday, with the stress of Matt leaving Monday morning, I needed it. LOL So I logged on the internet and renewed my pass to Gold’s Gym online. Only to remember, that it was then 10:00… And Gold’s Gym closes at like 9:00 on Saturdays, so I went to the PG Rec instead (Which was way nicer than I thought by the way)
Then Matt left to Colorado and I didn’t ever get into Gold’s to activate my membership the rest of the way. So I had a nice guy from there emailing me back and forth and we got to be buds. So I FINALLY got in last night which was the first free moment I got. And the guy totally knew who I was “as soon as he heard me start talking” and came right over to help me out. So, he started telling me the membership fees and stuff like that.. Just the usual stuff and right off the bat he gave me a good deal.
But I don’t like to do the monthly dues with them. It’s a pain in the butt. I would much rather pay it all at once, it’s a big chunk of money, but I feel like it’s worth it and it saves you money in the long run. So I asked him if I could just pay it all right now.
And he said, he said I could and if I did, he’d even give me a better deal. He’d add another YEAR onto my membership, upgrade it to VIP (Free childcare, tanning and racquetball) And all for the same price! SWEEEEEET!
He was seriously so freaking nice! He was really nice, not salesman nice. He didn’t try to upsell me once! So he told me that instead of paying for a locker, he’d let me put all my stuff in his filing cabinet while I work out.
So I did. And I worked out til I was sweating like a pig which is THE BEST! And afterward, I was a whole new person! Even ask Matt!
So, I have the answer to my question, “Do I really need a gym pass?” …. YES! Not even just to loose weight, but it makes me sleep better at night, and puts me in a better mood during the day, and even if I haven’t lost any weight yet, it already makes me feel better about myself since who can really be proud of sitting around doing nothing (Ok not really nothing but when I stood on the scale it felt like it. haha)
So pretty much the bottom line is
I love you gym membership, and without you I would shrivel up… er… bloat up and die! ![]()
2 comments:
I'm so jealous of your gym pass! Exercising is one of favorite things to do these days, I love how I feel so much better about everything when I'm active, my whole outlook is much more positive.
Plus the mention of free tanning made me positively green with envy. I won't lie, last summer I was in the tanning bed just as much (or probably more) then I was outside. It was GLORIOUS! :)
I saw that you want to run a 5k this year, I would LOVE to run with you, I've never done anything like that before. I only started running when I quit smoking last March as kind of a distraction from my cravings. Also to help keep my nicotine-deprived induced weight gain under control.
Anyways, I don't really have any tips, just to go at your own pace and have some awesome music to listen to. Sometimes though I will drink baking soda water right before I go because it balances the pH levels in your body and helps clear things. It makes it a little more difficult to breathe for the first part of your run, but after about ten or fifteen minutes you seriously feel like you are flying effortlessly.
I could use some new running shoes because my ankles/knees start to ache long before I'm too winded to go on, but they are expensive, so I guess I will just do what I can with what I have. :) So yes, I would LOVE to go running with you anytime, I think it would be fun to prepare for a 5k. :D
I would love to go anytime, and I'm actually very relieved to hear that you aren't very fast, either. Truth be told, my pace probably qualifies as jogging more often than it actually does as running, but that doesn't sound nearly as impressive. ;) lol!
I haven't had a chance to check my email yet, I will get a hold of you for sure and we can set something up. Summer running doesn't sound so bad, I think we should totally try and do it! :D
Post a Comment