Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Busy Busy Busy!

It’s been a crazy week to say the least.  Tuesday Matt came home and we played a game. About half way through he started acting very odd.  He was loosing miserably, and yet, he was still giggling and having fun.  When the game ended he told me that he can’t play anymore, he needed to lie down.  So off he went.  He took his juice with him and soon he was shouting from the other room the ingredients and nutrition facts.  He was saying “Rose hips?!?!  .. I wonder if the roses are really old and when they get their hips replaced, they put the old ones in the juice..” Matt is always silly, but this was different.  He then called me in to explain his love for me.  I think when you hear your man say “I was thinking about the love I have for you, and I was thinking ‘I love Alicia a hell of a lot.’ but is it true love or pure love or what?” And then he got into this religious discussion about how he’s pretty sure that only God can have a perfect love for people since everyone else is flawed, and Matt isn’t perfect and sometimes makes mistakes and does something that might hurt me. (Never physically LOL) but he loves me as much as you can love someone without being perfect, and he loves me unconditionally.  So that felt nice, but that’s when I knew that it was time to get the thermometer.

He had spiked a fever of about 104 degrees.  He wanted to soak in the tub since all of his muscles were aching, and he was somehow freezing. I’m here to say, that you don’t realize just how much you love someone until you find yourself putting the heating pad between the sheets on their bed so it will be warm for them when they climb in, putting their clothes and towel in the dryer so it will be warm for them when they get out of the tub, turning up the heat a little and literally getting them get dressed and into bed.

The next morning wasn’t much better.  He has been saying how he would love a pair of sweats that he can snuggle up in and relax, so I packed up all the boys so he could have a quiet house and took the kids to lunch and got him Sprite and sweat pants and a sweat shirt.  I felt so bad for him. I hate seeing him like that and not being able to do much for him. I was also very nervous because a few weeks ago he was at the dentist and it turns out he has a tooth infection.  He is on penicillin but it is still bothering him.  He’s trying to tough it out because next month, everything will be ready, and he will have his teeth all taken care of.  But I had an uncle who had a tooth infection that went up into his brain and he died. So this isn’t something I’m going to let him take lightly. I called his dentist to see what he would thought. He said that it might be his tooth, but it also might be strep so call Matt’s regular doctor.  So I did, and once again we packed up the kids and took Matt to the doctor.  It wasn’t strep, but she didn’t really know what it was exactly.  She said it might just be some kind of crazy bad flu, so they did blood work to see what it was and to see if it was viral or bacterial.  She said the chances are slim that it was bacterial since he was already on a hefty antibiotic, but we got a phone call yesterday saying it was bacterial and they gave him and even heftier antibiotic. He is doing well now.  He is on Lor Tab for when his tooth hurts him at nights, and he’s a much happier camper.

On top of that, I have still been working on potty training 2 little ones. They are still doing pretty good, but they would be doing a whole lot better if I didn’t have other things to deal with on top of that. Smile

My friend Jess is a marine wife.  She has raised 2 little boys without their dad for long periods of time while her husband has been deployed 3 times! Yesterday, I had been dealing with the kids alone for about 48 hours and I broke down 2 or 3 times. LOL I could never do it, so Jess, if you’re reading this, you have my mad respect!

After yesterday, all I wanted to do was go to the gym and work out. It is how I deal with stress, and I haven’t gotten a chance to all week, so I went to Zumba this morning with Jessica (Same girl mentioned above who is very pregnant and is still the best dancer in the class I’m so not even kidding! She is superwoman!) So I feel like I can handle life again. Smile

I’m also planning my sister’s baby shower that is in like a week, so I have been working on different drafts of shower invitations.  Want to see the top 3?

Baby Shower InvitationBaby Shower Invitation 2Baby Shower Invitation 3

Number 3 won since she kind of has a monkey theme with her baby stuff so those are getting sent out today.  And Jessica’s friend Tamera and I are throwing her a baby shower soon too, so I have my work cut out for me. I love planning parties and I love Tamera and Jessica, so I’m looking forward to it! Smile

I am very scatterbrained lately. The other night I was driving home from Walmart and totally ran a stop sign which I NEVER do!  (Except for at 2 am book releases with Jessica)  Then I decided to come home and take a bubble bath and I ran the water and it wasn’t filling up, the water turned cold and I realized, I forgot to plug the stupid tub. haha!  I also cry over everything.  Not really because I’m sad, but because I was happy mostly. I cried because Matt felt better and I was relieved, I read my sister in law’s story of the baby she lost and sobbed like a baby, and felt like a horrible person for hating the third trimester, and (As you already read) yesterday cried out of frustration with my 3 boys and loneliness too since Matt was sleeping all day. LOL What is wrong with me?!?!

Life is still good though.  We are very blessed.  I am more than I deserve, but I’ll take it. LOL  I just really can’t wait to see what God’s plans are for us.

Talk to you all later!

No comments: