Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Warmth, How I have missed you…

And will probably miss you again after it cools back down this weekend.  But no matter, we decided to take advantage of the 50 something degree weather, and spend much of the day outside. This winter hasn’t been all that bad, I’ll admit.  It’s nice having a yard that we can go out and play in.  I started a tradition with my kids this year, that whenever they are out playing in the snow, there will be a nice cup of hot chocolate waiting for them on the table when they come back in.  Sometimes I wondered if the kids wanted to go out and play in the snow for that purpose alone! LOL

Today was very nice though. We ate our lunch as a family on our wooden playground, and the boys “flew” their kites. However, since there was no wind, it ended up being two cute little boys running with their kites flying behind them. Then my parents came over with their ADORABLE dog Harlee and we all ran around the backyard with them.

It was nice to be able to completely turn of the furnace and open the doors letting the nice breeze blow through the house.


This next story is for documentation purposes, read if you’d like, but just note that it may have been a “You had to be there moment”.  I just need to write it down for the memory collage at the end of the year.

The other night, Matt and I were lying on the couch watching some ghost hunter-type show.  I don’t know what is wrong with me, but I was getting really freaked out!  So I told Matt that it’s time to go to bed and I tried to grab the remote. We goofed off for a little while longer.  I would try to reach for the remote and he can seriously pin me with like one arm!  So he’s just laughing as I’m struggling and getting desperate enough to try to flip upside down to kick him. I even tried to bite, but somehow I only ended up biting myself. And I was thinking to myself “If he thinks to tickle me, I’m done for”

So finally I win. Open-mouthed smile And it’s off to bed. I had already taken out my contacts and was in bed. But I had left the light on for Matt since he was locking the doors.  When all of this sudden, I see the hall light go off, and then the bedroom light.  I have THE WORST night vision EVER!  So it’s pitch black, which is fine.. normally.  Except for when Matt disappears.  He had turned off the light and ducked onto the floor by the bed somewhere.  I HATE it when he does this.  It freaks me out!! And in my mind I’m thinking “Shoot! He’s going to pop up and tickle me!!!” He is the worst person to get tickled by! It doesn’t help that I’m extremely ticklish either and I have no problem screaming at the top of my lungs it if will make him stop!  So I start freaking out and the best solution that enters my brain is “Flail your arms and legs as hard as you can!” So I scoot over to the middle of the bed and start swinging my arms and kicking my legs. And hysterically saying “Matt Stop It! Don’t You Dare Matt! Stop it!!!!”  I figured if he pops up, he’s going to get hit by something. Little did I know, I looked like a total idiot, to the point where Matt is laughing so hard that he’s literally in pain because he’s trying to stay silent. And little did HE know, in his laughter, he bumped the ironing board which made a tiny squeak! So I stop kicking since I know where he is and try to make my way to him still swinging my arms.  I approached the side of the bed when out of nowhere, right in front of my face, what looks like a skull is glowing and I start screaming uncontrollably!  It was his iTouch.  He was trying to shine it on me to see what the heck I was doing.  And it’s not really a skull, it’s a black and white picture of a smiley face pirate with headphones on. But to someone who just got finished watching ghost hunters, it didn’t matter what the heck it was, it was something that started randomly shining in front of my face from out of nowhere! We finally calmed down and went to sleep, but the first words out of my mouth the next morning were “Jerk! That was SO MEAN!”

No comments: