Yes, that is right.. Connor isn’t potty trained yet. He is 2 1/2. According to his doctor and our neighborhood friends, he’s normal. LOL So we’re going for another round. We have attempted this about 2 times before, and he just has never seemed ready. As we go on, he actually would get worse with time. Big sign telling us he just isn’t ready. This time, we are trying a new approach, potty training RIley at the same time.
I made them potty sticker charts:
I laminated them so we can recycle them if we decide we need to give them some more time. And instead of doing a potty graph type thing, I decided to just let them put stickers anywhere they want on it. If they stayed dry, they can have a little sticker. If they go in the potty they get a big sticker and if they stayed dry AND went in the potty, they get a big sticker and a treat. So far, they are both doing better than I expected. Connor has no problem doing #2 in the potty but can’t seem to go #1 which seems weird. Riley is the exact opposite. He will go #1 very well, but hasn’t gone #2 yet. He’s still pretty young though, so I’m not too concerned. Both of them have had more success than not, so I’m excited to see what tomorrow brings.
It’s actually interesting how this is helping Connor. When we would potty train him alone, he would almost try to regress in age. He would want to be the baby, not the big boy. He would act like he wasn’t capable of doing anything all by himself. He would be mean to Riley and he would have an accident the minute we put his underwear on after getting him off the potty. It has been so frustrating! But with Riley learning the same time, when Connor has an accident and Riley stays dry and goes in the potty, instead of not caring like he would during previous attempts, he gets a little jealous, and then tries harder next time. I so so so hope this is it! I think about how weird it would be for the first time in 6 years not to have a child in diapers. And it seems so surreal like that will NEVER happen. But I keep hoping for that day anyways. ![]()
Wish us luck!
1 comment:
I have Baby Signs Potty Training kits that has a fun dvd, stickers, train whistle, board book, and a guide for the parents. I sell this with my Baby Signs business. I could give you an awesome discount.
It is specifically designed for toddlers under 2 but is great for all ages. Thought you might be interested.
Post a Comment