Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentines Day… Well, almost

Matt has to work the evening of Valentines Day, so we celebrated today! Smile  It was a blast!

Red heart

The day started out kind of crappy, I’m not going to lie to you. I woke up feeling horrible!  Which sucked because I really really didn’t want to cancel our plans!  For like a week my friend Katrina and I were planning on doing a date with her and her husband and Matt and I.  They even postponed their trip to Bear Lake to hang out with us!  I would have felt TERRIBLE if we had to cancel on them!!  And this morning, while I was feeling awful, Matt was out picking up some Valentines Day gifts for me, so I can’t complain, but it felt like he was gone FOREVER! LOL

Red heart

When he returned, the whole day got way better!  He brought us Wendy’s and he gave me my gifts. The first thing I got was an original sock monkey!!!  Just so you know, I have a stuffed monkey collection.  They are my favorite!  So this was an awesome gift.  He had to call around to a billion places for like a week to see who had the right one, and he ended up finding it at Thanksgiving Point! LOL I’m so grateful. It is perfect! Then, he got me the most beautiful set of leather bound scriptures ever made with a matching tote and hymn book. All engraved with my name. I needed this so badly! My old scriptures are very worn out, and pages are starting to come out! Not only that, but they weren’t leather bound, which isn’t THAT big of a deal, but I like the feel of leather bound scriptures way better. He also got me a dozen red roses, and a card.  He is WAY WAY too good to me. 

Red heart

I got him a USB powered missile launcher.  It has a program you install and you can control the aim and stuff from your computer.  He has been talking about wanting one for years, and last week, I just happened to find one.  It is a gift he would never buy himself, but he still wanted.  Matt also got 64 GB iPod 3rd Generation, and I have one more surprise for him that I can’t tell. Smile

Red heart

Later in the day I felt much much better, so we decided that we were still on for our date with Mike and Katrina, so off we went.  We dropped the kids off at my parents house, and went to Mike and Katrina’s house for dinner. We made the salad and brought the french bread.  Katrina made Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo, margaritas (virgin), and Nutella mousse.  Can I just tell you right now how good the mousse was?!?! She even made chocolate bowls to eat it out of! I’ve never had Nutella before, so this was my first time and it was AMAZING! She has a blog with the recipe I believe here.  Then we went in their basement and played on their Apple TV and our friend Jared came over and we partied it up with him too!


Now I would like to say: Happy Valentines Day Matthew.  I love you.  I don’t feel like I deserve to have you.  I can’t believe this is our 8th Valentines Day together!  That is so crazy!  We’ve definitely had good times and bad, and somehow we always come out of the hard times standing stronger than ever together.  I really can’t imagine my life without you.  I love how you make me laugh constantly.  I love it when you randomly text me from work telling me that you miss me.  I love playing board games with you, just the two of us after the kids go to bed.  I love that we can talk about anything and everything.  Even things that most married couples can’t.  I love that we can rough-house together.  I love how you make me feel.  You always go the extra mile to make me feel special and loved. And I love the 3 beautiful little boys you have given me. Our marriage hasn’t been perfect, nobody’s is, but the thing that matters most is we always get through it.  I know that I for one have done things that I’m not proud of, you know what those are, and even though you do know what those things are, you still love me the same as you did before I did them. I want you to know, that I will ALWAYS love you despite your mistakes as well, and we can work together hand in hand to becoming better people.  This year, we will be sealed together for eternity, that is a very long time, but I can’t wait to spend it with you.  I love you more than you know.  And I thank you for the love that you return to me.

Muah!

~Alicia

Wedding

No comments: