Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

72 degrees

It’s funny the kind of things that stick with you from your childhood.  I remember as a little girl, the greatest treat ever was to run through the sprinklers.  To be quite honest, I’m not sure how often we had the privilege of doing this, but it seemed like the occurrences were few and far between.  That is probably just because it didn’t happen everyday so to a young child, it seemed to NEVER happen.

I remember one day running inside and begging my mom to let us run through the sprinklers.  I remember her response was “I don’t think it is quite warm enough.”  We protested!  We told her it was so hot we were sweating!  And my mom, being a sweet and patient woman made us a deal.  We were to call the temperature man (801-373-9122), and if it was at least 72 degrees, we could run through the sprinklers.

So we did, and I don’t remember exactly how hot it was, but I do remember that it was above 72 degrees and we were able to put on our bathing suits and get ridiculously wet and grassy on the nice warm day.

For Riley’s birthday we got a water/ sand table for outside.  The kids have been begging me to play in it.  The Easter Bunny also brought them all brand new SUPER CUTE/ COOL swim suits that they have been DYING to break in.  Little did we realize that the combination of the new water toys and swimsuits coupled with an extremely cold spring would be a recipe for torture for our little ones.

I think just about everyday since the beginning of April in the 40 and 50 degree weather, Tommy and Connor have come in from outside begging me to let them play in the water. And each time, I tell them the same thing: “Not until it’s 72 degrees”.

They came inside again just now pleading to play in the water.  My response was the same “Only if it is 72 degrees”.  So we picked up the phone, yet again.  Called the temperature man….

71 DEGREES!!!!

I’ll let it slide just this once. ;-)

No comments: