So, as I mentioned in a previous post, Matt and I had our 7 year anniversary on May 1st. We didn’t celebrate it however, until this last weekend. It worked out better that way as far as paychecks go, so Matt took the 6th off in January. And I arranged for my mom and dad to take the kids overnight. We do that every year, and it’s the only time Matt and I really get a night on our own.
It just so happened that Ashlee, our adorable niece got married on the 6th, so we had to revise our plans a little. Which was no problem!
We woke up and knocked out most of the housework and had a blast doing it!! I had to keep the laundry going. When I would take it out of the dryer, I would fold it and ask Mattie to put it away for me while I did some dishes or something.
Now I know where the kids get it. It was actually quite comical! He would put like half of it away, then I would find him playing angry birds!!! I asked him what the heck he was doing, and he would smile and say he didn’t know where the kid’s clothes went. YEAH RIGHT!! I sat him down and told him I was on to his antics.
Matt is an intelligent man. He can tell you right off the top of his head how many pins are in that cable going from your monitor into your computer. He can tell you the technical names of all the different cables too! And he can tell you the maximum length those cables should be if used in a network. And he can tell you the technical classification of what kind of network you have and how it is set up… He’s pretty smart. He does technical support. He is the manager in fact, so he is the go-to technical support guy for all the other technical support people. If his work has an issue with a monitor or something that they can’t figure out, they go to him. My point is, he’s a smart man who knows how to troubleshoot.
But…
For the life of him, he cant look at the tags of the clothes in their neat little piles to figure out that Tommy is a 6T, Connor is a 4T and Riley is a 3T… THEN he can’t figure out that clothes, generally, go in a chest of drawers or dresser.. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.. I don’t buy it. I personally think it’s a cop-out. :) So, while I am discussing this very thing with him, telling him that I’m on to him, he is smiling and giggling like a little girl! GUILTY!!! So I also informed him that I am well aware of the other trick he uses which is, “Do what she says, but do it so half-assed she will never ask you to do it again!!” … Even bigger grin and giggle.
So he disappears. And I go looking for him… Want to know what I find??
I go into the back yard where our large table umbrella is magically upright. And I can see Matt standing behind the pole.. He didn’t just try to hide behind the umbrella, he closed it up around his head so it looks something like this:
How can you not laugh at that??? What made it even funnier, is that I have NO idea how long he was out there with his head closed in the umbrella!!
After we got finished cleaning, we got dressed up, took the kids to my parent’s house, went to Walmart and got Ashlee and Oren the COOLEST GIFT EVER!!! Then went to the reception. It was beautiful.. Ashlee was beautiful, Kimmie was beautiful, It was just pretty! They had it at the Bungalow in Pleasant Grove. I must say though.. Whoever made those cupcake papers did an EXCELLENT JOB!! (Wink Wink)
After we floated around the reception socializing, we went to dinner at the Olive Garden. (YUM!) Then we went to the dollar store and things got a little out of hand… We bought TONS of candy for the movie we were going to watch at home. We went up and down the isles playing with everything and browsing and laughing and Matt tripped over the vacuum.. Sigh.. It was just lots of fun. We realized on the way home, that it’s a good thing we have kids to keep us in check.. Most of the time. :)
We got home and ate all our candy, and relaxed and enjoyed the rest of the night together. It was so much fun. I love that man. I love being married to someone who likes to be silly with me sometimes.
On Saturday, we slept in, then woke up, relaxed for a little while longer, then went and got the kids.
Saturday evening, we invited Jon, Alex, Chantel, James and Andrew over for a movie. We watched Inception, ate pizza and chocolate covered strawberries. It was a BLAST!!!!
Then Sunday, for Mothers day, Matt gave me a rosebush. A dozen roses wilt and die, but rosebushes will last forever and keep growing. He gave me one a few years ago, but it ended up dying (I know, sad…) So he said that this rosebush was my second chance. The whole thing is more meaningful than you’d think. LOL
The kids gave me hand-made cards which were ADORABLE!!! They melt my heart.
Then I got busy in the kitchen and made cupcakes.. This time I didn’t use any mixes or pre-made frostings or anything. I did them ALL FROM SCRATCH!! It was so fun! I love baking. :)
The whole weekend was amazing. I wouldn’t have changed a single thing!
To all you mommies, Happy Mothers Day!!! To Ashlee and Oren, Congratulations (the “with sympathy” card we gave you was just a joke lol) and:
Matthew, I love you, Happy Anniversary!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment